Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
made a deal earlier this winter with Koldkut to build me up a split grip rod with some parts I allready had. Got it back this week and I'm very pleased. If anybody wants a rod built I can say he does an excellent job. All the wraps are real uniform and the finish clear and smooth. Love the split grip with the exotic cork burls. Thanks man it is awesome ;D

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Sweet!
Better use it before the ice is all gone. Thorne blank? Which one?
I should be getting my scv (7'm) croix from him this week....

He does such awesome work. It keeps getting better and better.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Boondock said:
Sweet!
Better use it before the ice is all gone. Thorne blank? Which one?
I should be getting my scv (7'm) croix from him this week....

He does such awesome work. It keeps getting better and better.
His blank, he cut it down from a longer rod, that blank resembles the rods that Looney builds in action and power. Bob has the specifics on the blank if he wants to give them out, honestly I don't know what it is, I added cork and labor to this one, he even laid out the seat location he wanted and the guide placement.

Glad you like the rod Bob.

720, it's the pic with the shadow making it look crooked.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it is a cableas classic rod blank as Koldkut stated cut down to a 48" rod, cork and guides are all straight an true ;D

·
Registered
633 Posts
Excellent work as always Andrew! Will you be able to use it before the ice is all melted Bob? Can't wait to hear how it handles those big fish.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
fishinlooney said:
Excellent work as always Andrew! Will you be able to use it before the ice is all melted Bob? Can't wait to hear how it handles those big fish.
I actually use ice rods year round. Saves on space for vertically jigging while on a small craft. ;D ;D

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fishinlooney said:
caught a pup on it Saturday and it did fine, that blank has handled a few 30+ fish on different rods ;D ice was ugly Saturday, all the ice gear is now put away, dreaming of Crappies at Powell ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts