Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new set of Korker Guides with the Boa system. Really like them but here is the catch and I am sure it is a small one. How do you get the Omnitrax soles to set in completely? They come with some kind of tool but I haven't been able to figure it out. I must be missing something. BTW - this is Omnitrax V2

Bob

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Tuck the two forks of the tool under the lip of the boot sole, where the orange tabs will go. Pry in the orange tab to where it sets below the lip... once you do one, it is cake...

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I hope it gets easier!!!! I really like the boots and got a really good deal on them! $90 on ebay.

Bob

·
Registered
177 Posts
Here's a vid. The key is about 2:50. Some of the rest is BS. As I understand it, the claim is made that while wading, as you take a step water drains from your boot, making it lighter. However, while wading there is this thing called water pressure which wouldn't allow this. But, what do I know. I sold my Korkers on craigslist.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chewydog said:
Here's a vid. The key is about 2:50. Some of the rest is BS. As I understand it, the claim is made that while wading, as you take a step water drains from your boot, making it lighter. However, while wading there is this thing called water pressure which wouldn't allow this. But, what do I know. I sold my Korkers on craigslist.
Huh???? ??? ??? ???

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
i hope they fit for you. i had a pair and they ran small and seemed to shrink after only a couple wears. sold them for $50 along with 4 different soles.
i agree the sole swapping was at times challenging and impossible to do with them on. good luck

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Yeah I dont swap my soles out very often, but it does get easier. Korkers sizes are small I think I have 14's and they are still a little tight.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
I love the fit of mine because they are wide... That is the only reason I will buy a wading boot. Mine have about 175-200 days on them and are in good shape, last time out I changed the soles for the second time... Not bad, a pair of soles every 100 trips... I like my Korkers because of fit.

·
Registered
733 Posts
The new Korker Chromes' system for soles is much much easier to use...just wish they were out now....

(Theo, are they in yet?)

·
Registered
596 Posts
I will never buy a pair of Korkers again. The soles never want to stay in place, the felt fell off both boots and the right boot has completely fallen apart. I really wish someone would make a boot that doesn't fall apart after only 1 year. Yes I fish a lot, but isn't that the point? Shouldn't boots be manufactured for guys that fish 200 days a year and not 20? Korkers can kiss my hairy Italian ass!

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Poudre Hound said:
I will never buy a pair of Korkers again. The soles never want to stay in place, the felt fell off both boots and the right boot has completely fallen apart. I really wish someone would make a boot that doesn't fall apart after only 1 year. Yes I fish a lot, but isn't that the point? Shouldn't boots be manufactured for guys that fish 200 days a year and not 20? Korkers can kiss my hairy Italian ass!
I hear more of this than good stuff.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gee... You would think I was asking to date someones sister.......Just asked a simple instructional question and got a good answer.
Anyway, I went out for a couple of hours today just to see how they work. I don't really care for the felt soles. Feel like I am high centered. But I did not buy them for the felt but for the trail and sticky soles. Those I really like. I still have my other boots if I really need felt. I guess I got lucky on the size. I wear an 8 1/2 shoe so I upsized to 9 and then added another size for waders and they fit perfect. I also like the wide fit that my other shoes don't have.

Bob

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PH, Glad to see the humor. But my wife would get a little upset and break ALL of my rods. ;D

Bob

S

·
0 Posts
Poudre Hound said:
Im with ya there PH ! Ive had 2 pair of the Sportsmans Series and within a year, both have fallen apart - the lug on the back that holds the sole strap broke off one, on both the toe cap has come apart, both pair have missing lugs/straps for the laces.... and i canot find a replacement sole for either that actually fits, seems they make them about 1/8" too thin so the orange base doesnt even come close to fitting inside the recesses, in other words, only the front of the sole and maybe 1 or 2 other spots actually fit into the boot.
Im sorely dissappointed in these boots, especially the last 3yrs of manufacturing. I'd buy Simms but they are far too wide in the toe and my foot slides around, other brands basically suck. And yes, ive tried a lot, and NO im not spending $175 on boots ever again.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Silent_Light said:
Poudre Hound said:
Im with ya there PH ! Ive had 2 pair of the Sportsmans Series and within a year, both have fallen apart - the lug on the back that holds the sole strap broke off one, on both the toe cap has come apart, both pair have missing lugs/straps for the laces.... and i canot find a replacement sole for either that actually fits, seems they make them about 1/8" too thin so the orange base doesnt even come close to fitting inside the recesses, in other words, only the front of the sole and maybe 1 or 2 other spots actually fit into the boot.
Im sorely dissappointed in these boots, especially the last 3yrs of manufacturing. I'd buy Simms but they are far too wide in the toe and my foot slides around, other brands basically suck. And yes, ive tried a lot, and NO im not spending $175 on boots ever again.
ON a positive note. I thought they fit well and were comfortable!

·
Registered
436 Posts
ok have a question. Anyone used the Predator Kling-ons? Just got a pair, interested to see if anyone has a review. Seems a lot of the issues has been with the interchanging.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have worn them for years and love them, but my husband didn't like his, so they are FOR SALE. Size 13, with 5 sets of soles - $70

1 - 20 of 22 Posts