Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy has sex with a kid and gets 6 years probation no jail. Boy our legal system and sentencing is crazy. Plaxico gets two years for shoting himself in the leg but soliciting and having sex with minor gets probation ??? We even sent Martha Stewart to prison but hurting children gets a slap on the wrist.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Isn't it true that many people like to talk tough about crime, but that's all it amounts to -- talk? The minute the crime comes into their own family, or touches a cultural hero, or, or course, pertains to themselves, very often the tune suddenly changes.

And another thing is that certain types of crime are more fashionable to be intolerant toward. For many (not so much on a place like CF, I don't think), the mere mention of the presence of a gun equates to something awful. At least that's how it seems to me.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Hop said:
Isn't it true that many people like to talk tough about crime, but that's all it amounts to -- talk? The minute the crime comes into their own family, or touches a cultural hero, or, or course, pertains to themselves, very often the tune suddenly changes.

And another thing is that certain types of crime are more fashionable to be intolerant toward. For many (not so much on a place like CF, I don't think), the mere mention of the presence of a gun equates to something awful. At least that's how it seems to me.
Don't be mistaken though. I'm very confident that LT was packing heat until the boys in blue busted down the door. At that point I'm sure his heat went limp faster than a Ferrari Testarosa goes from 0 to 30.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
I read that headline chasing parasite Gloria Allred was at the sentencing representing the underage prostitute. I assume that means there is a civil suit coming. ::)

This sentence was the result of a plea bargain.

Does that mean LT still carries some serious juice back east? I doubt it. Or were there problems with the DA's case? That's probably more likely, although I've not delved into the specifics of this case.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Hop said:
Probably true, but maybe if there was consistency in the punishment handed out for certain crimes then people would think more before their actions.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Tubejig said:
Hop said:
Probably true, but maybe if there was consistency in the punishment handed out for certain crimes then people would think more before their actions.
No argument there.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
I read that headline chasing parasite Gloria Allred was at the sentencing representing the underage prostitute. I assume that means there is a civil suit coming. ::)

This sentence was the result of a plea bargain.

Does that mean LT still carries some serious juice back east? I doubt it. Or were there problems with the DA's case? That's probably more likely, although I've not delved into the specifics of this case.
Didnt that change after the second time MJ paid off the family of a small boy. I thought the stae can still pursue charges even if the victim is walking away with a settlement.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Trout said:
I thought the stae can still pursue charges even if the victim is walking away with a settlement.
The state can pursue the criminal case, and did. However, the state then entered into a plea bargain with LT that let him plead guilty to misdemeanors. I assume the plea bargain also included a provision that the state would not ask for jail time. The quid pro quo for the lenient sentence is presumably Taylor's cooperation in the prosecution of the girl's pimp. "Prosecutors have credited Taylor with helping them in that case." http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-lawrencetaylorindicted

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well intensive probation for a S O can't be a good thing and what's the percentage of people failing ISP something like 80%

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
I know nothing about failure rates. Given his recent history, if anyone could fail it, my money is on LT. ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts