Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard the ice was sketchy, but knew it wasn't so went out Saturday and Sunday anyway. Found about 10" of good clear ice with just enough snow on top to make walking easier. Once i found them, fish would come through in waves. Found them all right at 40', on tungsten jigs tipped with eyes. Mostly perch, but some small pike and trout too. Met up with Nate (bigassbassman) who got into a couple fish as well, but that lake has been tough on many people this season! My dad was also up for the weekend, and only got 2. Good seeing you, Nate!

Saturday

Sunday

Lots of these

This one was pretty effed up...

·
Registered
633 Posts
Damn nice mess o perch! They do tend to get fucked up when they come from 40 foot. That one looks like it was caught as a youngster and got his chin mangled. Nice job and good eating.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Was out Saturday from 7am-10am, fished the the deep stuff (50-65'). Caught fish non-stop, after I got the dam auger running. I broke the throttle leaver somehow, I rigged it to run full throttle and was able to drill a few holes! Anyways caught 2 pigs and a bunch of 9-12" fish. I kept to my plan of releasing any thing over 13, I had a 13 1/4 and 13 1-2 that's still swimming hopefully. I ended up bringing 22 home.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I was catching the bigger fish suspended which was kind of wierd for this time of year. 55-65 fow suspended 10-25ft off the bottom. I haven't ever seen that before...wierd year!

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Well done guys. Great to see. Hopefully head out here next Sunday. We were lacking the time yesterday to make it over there. So instead we hit the Grand Mesa area for some fast trout action for the boys. Trout suck compared to the perch so looks like a drive is in order.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Good eats! I just hate cleaning perch.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good eats! I just hate cleaning perch.
Oh it's no fun at all. I got an electric knife this season though, and it at least makes it slightly more tolerable!

i think you would be hard pressed to find someone who likes it. its so worth it though!
How the hell would you know? I always end up cleaning your fish

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Why would I stop ya. Not my problem
I can see that you are the clever one and your friend is the hard working one. :D I play that game with my wife...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts