Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it took Sage 24 days for Cochise. It took Winston a whopping 35 days (not including the extra 12 days because my card didn't clear as it was lost, and replaced... they only sent an email which went to junk, never tried to call me...).

So, on February 24, I sent my G-Loomis GLX 4wt to Loomis/Shimano with a broken top section. The cost, ZERO. The turnover time, 8 days!!! Rod was at my house today when I got home... I could not believe it. Great service, no issues. That NRX is looking better and better!!!

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hummus cannonball said:
TFO=3-4 days.

Wrapped/assembled by competent Asians, not some dumbass, pothead American idiot. >:D
HOLD ON THERE FELLA... I resemble that remark!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Now that is awesome service. I have a few Loomis rods and I like them but when I tried to get an NRX I was blanked, nobody has them.

Plus I must add that I have enough rods to where the return time means little to me, if it is reasonable and what they preach I am fine with it all.

TFO well, not at this time, maybe when there is a little more of a decent user group.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
cochise said:
TFO well, not at this time, maybe when there is a little more of a decent user group.
WTF do you mean "decent user group"?

I am indecent, sure....but I don't know what that would have to do with rod performance. 8)

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Always lover looms for that, my GL3 was sick and I have missed for a long time, used to be that you gave them $50 and the rod was at your door in less than a week
Ahh Jamie the fishing god are starting to talk to you, good times to ya bro

·
Registered
77 Posts
My Greys Streamflex 9' 5wt's butt fell off in the river and was lost forever. I shipped the rod to the US warranty address wrapped in a letter stating my bloody reel seat fell into the blimey bog and left me feeling rather cheeky. The same day my rod arrived there I received a phone call stating my rod will be repaired at no charge. Total time: eight days. Not to mention it's a light and high performing rod for under $300.00.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
cochise said:
Every sage rod I have broken has been my fault. So warranty is really just fixing what the angler has broken, it is actually a repair for mindless activity.

Now I see that other rod company's rods are falling apart in-stream.

JUst so you know the warranty is the reason they cost ( near double ) so much more, now theses days. 20years ago, a $300 rod was the top of the line
So if like throwing your money down the drain, humf? Feed the pig then hibty Ha Ha

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Get what you pay for. The warranty is not why it costs so much. Tell yourself the other graphite's are as good and that's awesome, its still a free country, for now.

20 years ago..I was several sages into my arsenal. Fist one I bought was an original "Frying Pan Special" from Fitz. $192.

There is a killer story behind that rods first evening of fishing on the roaring Fork..

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Ha Ha free, not saying that sertain companies don't make wonderful rods, but YES you get what you pay for, and we all pay for that warranty, it ain't cheap. Once a company start screwing around with what you paid for, it should change Anybodys mind about the company, not really product
I Always keep my word,and if I was will to belittle myself, or short change my princibles ---- then I'm no better than a commi bastige
Oppinions once again

·
Registered
64 Posts
godwithflyrod said:
My Greys Streamflex 9' 5wt's butt fell off in the river and was lost forever. I shipped the rod to the US warranty address wrapped in a letter stating my bloody reel seat fell into the blimey bog and left me feeling rather cheeky. The same day my rod arrived there I received a phone call stating my rod will be repaired at no charge. Total time: eight days. Not to mention it's a light and high performing rod for under $300.00.
I recently casted one of these at a flyfishing show right after a Sage Z-axis and was mightily impressed. Felt a LOT like my Loomis GLX.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts