Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, do any of you guys out there in "Forum Land" have wives or girlfriends that go fishing with you??? I was wondering because I think I have only heard from one gal in this Forum (and that was last year).
I don't know about you guys, but everytime (and I do mean everytime) I go fishing on a lake, my wife is with me and loves it.
In fact, I was just at a website called Ladies Let's Go Fishing that is in Florida. There are photos on the website and you should see the size of fish some of these ladies have caught. Personally, I think it's great.
So, if any of you have wives or girlfriends that go fishing with you.........let's hear from them also. Or, is this a
"male only" Forum :mad: :mad:?????? Nah, cann't be :) :).
Cody

·
Registered
220 Posts
my wife is my best fishing buddy.
she is down to get up, get out and fish all day.
she aint down with stream fishin but that's when i holla at my dawgs.
the 1st person i ask to go fishin........my wife.
one hell of a women.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Its a males only forum but we do have some guys that are a little "light in the loafers". ;D

Nah, we got Talo for the female perspective-she is on here quite a bit.  

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Am I the only one who has to jump over a firey bridge, roll through hoops of metal spikes, and climb mountains upon mountains to get out to the water I love?  My lady makes me suffer for every second I spend on the water.  She has only fished a couple times with me, and she acted like she loved the hell out of it, but she forces herself to hate it, and me, when I go.  She makes me feel like a rotten prick when I even think about telling her I'm going.  Oh well, the water always helps me calm that feeling, and quick too.

But of course that IS the point.  I go all the time, I just have to dodge bullets as I pull out the driveway.  lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
Fishing_Fiend said:
Am I the only one who has to jump over a firey bridge, roll through hoops of metal spikes, and climb mountains upon mountains to get out to the water I love?  My lady makes me suffer for every second I spend on the water.  She has only fished a couple times with me, and she acted like she loved the hell out of it, but she forces herself to hate it, and me, when I go.  She makes me feel like a rotten prick when I even think about telling her I'm going.  Oh well, the water always helps me calm that feeling, and quick too.

But of course that IS the point.  I go all the time, I just have to dodge bullets as I pull out the driveway.  lol
maybe that will pass when the final "i do" is said.
then just think "what she going to do......leave me"
hell naw........grab the gear and be out.

D

·
0 Posts
kirbydog said:
Nah, we got Talo for the female perspective-she is on here quite a bit.

Yeah, and she's a fishing machine!  She would put most of you guys to shame!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I thought saying "I do" got people on the lake more. But then when she divorces me, I know that'll be the first stuff she goes after. She will burn my gear, and then I'll have to go to jail, and. . . . . . . . .what a mess. >:D

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Fishing Fiend-Maybe you are just joking around but if things really are the way you say they are-you might want to rethink this. My significant other has never, ever given me a bad time about fishing. Maybe she's just glad to get rid of me for a day. ;D

You could be out sitting in a bar or stuffing dollar bills down some girls G string. Remind her that fishing is a healthy pastime.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Fishing_Fiend said:
I thought saying "I do" got people on the lake more.  But then when she divorces me, I know that'll be the first stuff she goes after.  She will burn my gear, and then I'll have to go to jail, and. . . . . . . . .what a mess. >:D
naw, it will pass.
she is just testin ya. seeing how far she can push ya.
do what u been doin.......and go fishin.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I couldn't agree more.  And of course there is a touch of exageration there, but I live 5 minutes from Chatfield.  Close to lake + state parks pass + boat = lots of time away from home.  I'd be out there all day every day if I could.  So a lot of it has to do with me being a fellow "fishing junkie".  She puts up with quite a bit.  She is one hell of a woman, and I ask a lot of her with my fishing habbits.  She puts up with more then others I have known.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My lady fish's with me when ever our work scheduels allow it.

Last year we went to San Diego in june- we took one of those charters that are normally crammed full of un-ethical tourist.  This one had probably 20 people and most of them were locals
(locals were the only ones who caught the yellow fin tuna because they know not to use the live bait provided by the charter- they used lures big enough to cast 80 yards away from the boat)    Anyhow my lady hooked into a monster barricuda  ( she was the only girl on the boat )  all the guys started cheering her on -  I thaught she was going to get pulled off the boat so I grabbed on to her waist.  Suddenly Out of no where this huge sea lion locked on to the barricuda and started a serious game of tug a war.  I thaught my lady and I were going for a swim but the "swimming elephant" or sea lion decided to swallow at least 36 inches of the barricuda and left the head for my lady to real in.   Later on the captain said that sea lions are very smart and they know not to bite the head so they dont get hooked.  Thats my ladies favorite fish story and she tells it better than I can, she is definatly a trooper because on top of it all she was fighting sea sickness the whole 6 hours and she never lost her breakfast.     :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, and by the way guys........I forgot to tell you that my wife also love shooting. She has her own rifle and is a fairly good shot with it. She has even used our shotgun. One thing I will never have to worry about is my wife not being the "outdoor" type.
And, whenever we are out on the lake just cruising around, I look to see who is driving most of the boats.......men. Now, my wife loves driving our boat, and, when she gets the "need for speed" in our boat......."sit down and hang on". The lady does like a nice wake behind her!!!!!!
Yes, I married right. No complaints here........PERIOD!!
Cody

·
Registered
797 Posts
My girlfriend could care less if fish everyday.  She knows it is my "hobby" and that I love her.  She doesn't nag or complain because when she met me I fished a lot.  She fishes with me when she goes camping, otherwise she goes shopping or to a movie with her mom or friends when I'm on the water.  It is a two way street- I dont hassle her about things she wants to do and she doesn't hassle me.  Doesn't even call the cell phone when I'm on the water= great girl.

·
Registered
943 Posts
my wife doesn't like fishing although she went ice-fishing once this year ;D and i will take terre over just about anone here she is a great fisherman

·
Registered
45 Posts
My gal loves to fish. She even went ice fishing with me last year and promptly "borrowed" my vexilar for the rest of the winter. So we have 2 vex's now. She also got tired of watching me come home with fish from aurora that I caught from my float tube...so we now have a boat so we can fish together. I deffinitely found the right one!

L

·
0 Posts
God created fishing and hunting so men could get away from the growler (wife for the newly married or unmarried).

My wife knew 10 years ago when we met that every fall I spent 10 to 14 days elk hunting and spring time I was busy fishing. She understood that that was time I had to even me out and soothe the wild beast and she would not interfere with those things in my life. She has things she likes to do with friends and it works great for us.

At the same time I make sure to include my family in activities that they enjoy. I'm thankful that my wife doesn't like to hunt and fish,,,,, it is MY TIME. Guys who have wives who fish and hunt with them, I say great, it's good to have activities couples love to do together.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
We actually have quite a few women on the forum. Most don't post a heck of a lot though. Maybe they have better things to do than spend 21 hours a day online reading fishing reports and such. ;D

My wife goes fishing with me probably 80% of the time. I am sure quite a few other male members fish alot with their spouses.

Dan

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well..............thanks guys for all of your replys to this topic. It was just a topic that I was curious about. There are ladies out there that love fishing, hunting, and camping AND their are ladies (and some men) that don't like that kind of stuff at all. It sounds kind of funny, but there are men/women out there that when someone asks them, "do you ever go camping", they say "yes, at the Marriott or the Hilton".
Personally, I'm just very, very glad that I have a wife that has the same interests that I do. We love doing a lot of things together and very rarely do anything apart. It's just the kind of marriage we like.
So, for all you ladies out there that love that great sport of fishing....tell your husband "let me say something in the Forum sometimes". :D :D
Cody

1 - 20 of 38 Posts