Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished from 715 till dark, and managed to completely avoid the rain :)fished around the boat ramp for a while with no hits, then headed over to the dam. After about an hour and still no hits I was thinking I might get skunked, but then I caught a nice largemouth that im guessing was around 16in-18in, bigger than any lm I caught in Pella. The thing that sucks is you cant fish the southern 1/3 of the lake because of wildlife closures, and that end looked better than the dam to me. Also talked to some kids who were fishing and they caught a couple of cats and a carp, also they had a little sock filled with stink bait that they were using in a creek to chum stuff in which isnt allowed I dont think. Anyways on the way back I caught a little toad and thaught about baiting it up and using it for bait but I was unsure of how good a bait it'd make, has anyone every tried that ? Not a whole lot of action but a good nighttime fishing trip.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Nice!!

That 1 LM is well worth your trip. 16" to 18" is good enough. I haven't caught a LM over 15" in like 1 or 2 years now. I need to go back out there and catch some LM.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it not only made my trip, it made my day. Wanted to go fishing today but got rained out, I do like to fish after it rains though, I think it improves fishing, because there is a bunch of stuff (worms, bugs, exc,) that get washed into the lakes. Maybe not, but that's what I've always thought.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
lagerman is a tuff lake to fish i;ve done well there in the past i;ve caught huge crappie decent largemouth and big blue gills and of course alot of carp i havent managed to catch a catfish there yet and there is tiger muskie and walleye in there

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey catfishking,
ive been trying to get into some crappie, what did you use to catch them and where??? any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
rob i caught the crappie there about 3 years ago they were huge biggest i;ve ever caught by the boat ramp i was using minnows and worms under a bobber i havent fished for them for awhile so hopefully it didnt get fished out i released mine hope that helps

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that sure does help, thanks, i'll definately be trying for those guys, if i get into them i'll make sure and post.

·
Registered
58 Posts
A friend of mine tried using a toad in Glendo last summer and caught a 6 pound catfish at night under a bobber.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts