Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,
I'm new here. I'm a Colorado native, now living in Longmont. I live about 5 minutes from Lagerman Reservoir and I'm determined to catch a fish there! So far I've been out there four times and I haven't got a nibble. However, I tend to go there with my kids at terrible times (Sunday afternoon)

That being said, I was out there yesterday late afternoon and mid-day today. I thought for sure the fish would be biting because the ice just came off last week! Nada.

I tried worms, salmon eggs, spoons, Rapalas, jigs. Nothing. I am detrmined though!

PS - I know my kids are tired of it because there is no action. Any place around here for kids (9 and 11 years old)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Take the kids to St. Vrain State Park across town and fish Sandpiper or Coot ponds for trout. Lagerman is always a tough bite! Always!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Lagerman sucks unless you're a skilled carp fisherman. I live 5 min away also and never fish it. You could try McCall for stocker trout. Not my kind of crowd though.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I've never fished it but have heard Izaak Walton is a good place to take kids. It's open to kids only so you won't be able to fish unless you're helping the kiddos.

From what I've heard they stock several species in there, not just trout.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Lagerman sucks unless you're a skilled carp fisherman. I live 5 min away also and never fish it. You could try McCall for stocker trout. Not my kind of crowd though.
Everything being said is good info. At Lagerman try for wiper, there most likely gonna be on the smaller side (heard it got fished hard when they put em in). It has a higher salinity than most lakes and fish have a hard time there. Except for the wipers. Git some.

·
Registered
676 Posts
And why not? What's wrong with that crowd?
I tried it several years back. Lot's of litter. People setup close to other groups. Crowded. Music playing. Put and take kind of fishery from what I could tell. That kind of stuff. Just not relaxing for me but might be for others. Does that answer your question or were you hoping for something different?

I only recommended it because I know it is one of the few places in the area that gets stocked with trout and might provide some action for the kids.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I tried it several years back. Lot's of litter. People setup close to other groups. Crowded. Music playing. Put and take kind of fishery from what I could tell. That kind of stuff. Just not relaxing for me but might be for others. Does that answer your question or were you hoping for something different?

I only recommended it because I know it is one of the few places in the area that gets stocked with trout and might provide some action for the kids.
Kinda. Sorta. Do it once, it might be a coincidence. Do it twice, it's a pattern... ;)

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
AO are you fishing?

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I recommend reading a book called Crucial Conversations. There's a section on "mastering your story". It'll make sense when you read it.
Bwahaha! That's just precious now.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Folks in Mayberry-I mean Longmont say that there's NO fish in Lagerman and I believe them! Was skunked there the times I tried.

McCall however I scored some slimers about this time 8 years ago. "The Crowd" there were catching a lot more than me... and took them home for Fish Tacos or whatever.(I thought 4 was the limit!) I think they stocked it right before that weekend.Of course that was before the September 2013 flood.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was at Lagerman again today. Two hours this morning and I walked all the way around it. Lots of Carp carcasses on the shoreline. I threw Rapalas, tube jigs, spinners, a Red eye, a few other things at em' Nothing. I know there are fish in there! I'll try some of your other suggestions for the kiddos. Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts