Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man am I addicted to this site.  Anyways fellow fisherman/fisherwoman, I wanted to yet again ask some more questions.

1.  has any one fished lake arbor in Westminister lately and do you know if you can night fish there?

2.  Has anyone ever fished Banner Lakes in Hudson lately and had any luck or ever had any luck?  I hunt ducks there and always see fish in all  the ponds.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Musky....
I've hunted waterfowl there and have seen fish too! I've always wanted to try those lakes for bass. Per the CDOW, the state record sacramento perch was caught there years ago. I am hoping to catch one of those. The sacramento perch is a fish that's on my "haven't yet caught" list.

My only worry is that the sac-town perch aint there no more. I bet there are some big bass in those ponds though. Too bad we can't fish the north half of HWY 52 until summer.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Lake Arbor...closes at 11PM, non-motorized boats only. (ref: Fishing Close to Home)

I've fished Lake Arbor a few times and been dissapointed for the most part. It is a "decent" size lake in a nice park setting...great for family fishing if they could get some more fish in there besides carp.

I have pulled a few largemouth out of here on small spinners. Nothing of any real size. There are also some crappie, bluegill and catfish in small numbers. TIFWIW

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have lived at Lake Arbor for about 30 years. Fishing has been terriable ever since it was drudged, about 10-15 years ago. Ever since then the water has become very murky and will not clear up. Not worth fishing anymore. Oh, unless you want to catch bunch of Carp. Then you can have a pretty good time.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I haven't fished Lake Arbor yet this year. I did last year though, a lot because its so close to home. I caught a lot of channel cats there, two that were about 8 lbs each. I caught every one of them between the hours of 7:30 and 10:30 am. Never caught a single carp there, even though it is loaded with them. Yeah, the water does get murkey at times, on days that its like that i don't fish there. I do get live crawdads there for bait If Im going someplace to fish the next day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts