Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've had a few blue bird days with hints of spring, but the ice is still harder than advanced calculus and over 2 foot thick. In the mornings there is hard crust for easier walking but by noon its tromping through crust and about 4 to 6 inches of slush.
Fishing has been fair for silver kokanne salmon and we are getting a few decent arctic char. About every third or fourth trip we are hooking up with one of Dillon's coveted Browns. A few rainbows are being caught in shallower water, or right under the ice over deeper water.
Kokanne depths are for 45 to over 100 with fish coming in suspended in the 20 to 40 range. Arctic char are being picked mostly off the bottom at 30 to 60 feet.
For the kokanne pink and whit blades are working, and small plastic jigs worked subtly are producing arctic char, browns and bows. the bite is light and you have to be quick to get the char, the rainbows and browns will hit a little more aggressively but are few and far between.
The easiest acces points are at the snake river inlet, the frisco bay marina, and the dillon marina.

For up to date photos and info follow Alpine Fishing Adventures on facebook and go to (www.fishdillon.com)

Thanks for reading and please release all brown trout at Dillon!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Very nice, detailed report with lots of smiling faces, sharing the love for fishing with the youngsters could be one of their greatest gifts.
Here's a pic of a kid I took fishing that couldn't even hold his fish up, lol.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve is such a good guy, he not only took me on the most epic trip i could imagine, he also let me pose with his smaller fish cause i couldn't lift up my own!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Its been a fun side gig. 9 out of 10 customers are families who are begginers with kids. I set it up the prices so a family of four could go out for the same price as most other services charge for one guy. If anybody from CF wants to take their kids out I will do a special. Pay for a 2 man trip. And up to four kids under 16 fish for free.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts