Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That looks like a trip I'd like to do someday. I'd just need the time and the money to do it LOL.
But seriously, great report and picts. Thanks for sharing your experience.
I hear ya!! I am still not sure how I made the trip happen financially lol Actually sold an old car and saved up some bonuses at work etc.. but was still a struggle!!

If you ever actually plan on making the trip don't hesitate to hit me up if you have questions!!! or if you need power worms LMAO I stocked up on 10" power worms for the trip and only used like 1 of 2 and I don't anticipate using those here in Colorado... Of the big lizards I bought for that matter.

· Registered
11,854 Posts
Cool report and pics... I think I would have needed to take a day off from fishing.... I am impressed with your resolve!

Here's the thing... A DD would have been great, but it can't really be about that, you know? Gotta go and live and enjoy.

· Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Cool report and pics... I think I would have needed to take a day off from fishing.... I am impressed with your resolve!

Here's the thing... A DD would have been great, but it can't really be about that, you know? Gotta go and live and enjoy.
I was definitely struggling a bit by the last day.... the worst pain was the pinky finger on my right hand... Started hurting a few days in from holding the rod/reel... by the time the trip was over I could barely even use it!! Still hurts a little today even but luckily has slowly been getting better!!

Other than that I did feel some fatigue in my feet and back as well but that pain went away a few minutes after getting off the boat each day.(Guess working out 3-4 days a week for the last year paid off!!)

Here is a pic of me on Day 7... Laying down while traveling between spots... Never had them even put the front seat in the boat because I wanted to fish HARD the entire time!!! Had to take advantage of the time we used moving from spot to spot to relax!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

· Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
If that amount of fishing was taxing on you being a wiry in shape guy how did your husky friend fair fishing that much.
Luke is a trooper!! No matter his size that guy can fish... every day... all day... and never gives up hope either!!

Best/most dedicated fisherman I know!! He fished the entire time.. though he had a chair to sit in when we were moving from spot to spot. He did take a fall in the boat on the last day and hurt his tailbone but still fished non-stop the rest of the day without even complaining!!

I think it helps that is job is one where he is on his feet all day... where as I sit in a desk all day.

Both of our pinkies were toast though!! I haven't asked but I bet he is still feeling in!! LOL

· Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
LOL!! Honestly in hind sight I would say 7 days straight was a bit much!! Even the people at the lodge were all surprised that we did a 7 day trip!!(I think the guide was pretty beat after 7 days as well)

Our thought was since we are paying for the airfare we may as well get our moneys worth and fish as many days as possible!!(Cheap S.O.B.s lol)

Once we were there and fishing for a few days I could have used a day off but there was no way I was going to waste ANY time until I got a DD bass..... Since I never got a DD bass I had to fish the entire time all day!! If I would have taken a break I could have missed my chance at a DD... so at least I don't have that regret!

· Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Just realized that none of the videos I posted actually uploaded.... guess nobody clicked the link :/ or just didn't let me know ;) lol

I'll try to upload them later... there is one video of a decent top water blow up!!

· Registered
1,863 Posts
Sounds like an awesome trip man! I get the slight disappointment though, a trip like that you have to have a DD goal. 100 Fish days are pretty cool still lol I think salto gets hit real hard too, comedero(or whatever) has been putting out consistent DDs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
6,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
A friend of mine is going to Toledo Bend in May. Says it'll be 100 fish days for big bass easy.Who knows? Def cheaper than Mejico.
Hopefully he has an EPIC trip!! My next bass trip will be Cali, Florida, or Texas... most likely. Hopefully sooner rather than later but im not holding my breath lol

Sounds like an awesome trip man! I get the slight disappointment though, a trip like that you have to have a DD goal. 100 Fish days are pretty cool still lol I think salto gets hit real hard too, comedero(or whatever) has been putting out consistent DDs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah If hind sight is 20/20 but I kinda wish we hit Comedro instead...

Thanks for the write up. Never judge a trip strictly by the cost. You will have the memories forever.

Face it, all of us have pissed away $3000 worth of liquor. (And might not remember any of it but the hangovers.) lol
No problem!! I'll def. have memories forever... hopefully $3,000 worth ;) lmao I doubt I have spent anywhere close to $3,000 on liquor in my life.... Not a big drinker....... Anymore

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.