Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Lake Granby fishing report is brought to you by "Fishing with Bernie". Kokanee is excellent at Wolford, trolling with small pink and orange spoons and spinners tipped with white shoe peg corn is working. 2-3 year old fish are being caught at about 10' deep. 4 year olds are being caught about 4 colors of lead deep. Jigging spoons will be very effective in the next few weeks. The Pike fishing at Williams Fork is very good. They are willing to hit very large lures fished aggressively. The Frazier river thru Winter Park and Frazier has dropped, brookies and rainbows are hitting some dries in the evening and nymphs all day. The streams in Rocky Mountain National park are starting to fish very well with dry flys and nymphs. Browns and Rainbows are hitting crankbaits and small spoons along the shore at Grand Lake. Lake Trout are hitting a large variety of lures, the presentation has varied from day to day, tipping jigs with sucker meat has helped the bite considerably. Please be careful and release any larger fish, these fish can be over 40 years old and could use our protection. Bernie Keefe has been a fishing guide in the Granby area for over 15 years

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Thanks Bernie.

And if anyone wants to talk **** about him sharing info, I'll edit your responses to show your love for inter species erotica.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
That's actually impressive...Bernie hates to type...that's like Colonative typing the novel War and Peace...good job no pink apron for you!...lol...

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
great report Bernie, we need more reports like that on here. you gave a lot of information with out giving any secrets away. if anyone puts that to work and spends the time they will catch some fish. i would write reports like that if i was fishing, only had my boat out 3 times in june and july. i have fished more in NM than colo this year.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
How does one pick where to go with so many places fishing well? Bernie, for us blonde's, it would be a whole lot more helpful if you included the "blonde report". Like, if you are blonde you should fish at X, ten feet down, with a pink nighty under a bobber.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Lolol.

I'm just bummed... All the great fishing, and no time.

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
A blonde with a 450 IQ...the gold standard for oxymorons...

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I wanna see pics of some Wolford four year olds so everybody gets a the big kokanne woody and points it that way..
Then they will see that it makes sence to manage GM and Granby as mac fisheries, and then Wolford can be the prize jokanne fishery.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I think Wolford is a great fishery all around. Big trout in that lake....

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Headed back to the Fork this weekend...lol fished it once in the last 25 years...maybe Granby...hey Dave you want a limit of tomato plant fertilizer should I fish for them and help with the thinning?...I might end up at the G too...

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Headed back to the Fork this weekend...lol fished it once in the last 25 years...maybe Granby...hey Dave you want a limit of tomato plant fertilizer should I fish for them and help with the thinning?...I might end up at the G too...
Wish I saw this before, is have asked to tag along. I need some lake trout.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am itching for some pike. In fisherman has some good pike info. They say spinney william's fork and 11 mile are the pike spots. Fishing top water, but dont ask me any more than this i am trying to learning how to pike fishing. I am very green and never fished for them yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts