Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This Lake Granby fishing report is brought to you by "Fishing with Bernie". Kokanee is excellent at Wolford, trolling with small pink and orange spoons and spinners tipped with white shoe peg corn is working. Troll 2-3 colors in front of the campground. The Pike fishing at Williams Fork is very good. They are willing to hit lures fished aggressively in the wind. The Frazier river thru Winter Park and Frazier has dropped, brookies and rainbows are hitting some dries in the evening and nymphs all day. The streams in Rocky Mountain National park are starting to fish very well with large dry flys and nymphs. Browns and Rainbows are hitting crankbaits and small spoons along the shore at Grand Lake. Lake Trout keep moving a little deeper. Please be careful and release any larger fish, these fish can be over 40 years old and could use our protection. Bernie Keefe has been a fishing guide in the Granby area for over 20 years

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Lol I want the other pics!...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks It is on my Bucketlist

Waiting for a bit cooler temps thinking September

This Lake Granby fishing report is brought to you by "Fishing with Bernie". Kokanee is excellent at Wolford, trolling with small pink and orange spoons and spinners tipped with white shoe peg corn is working. Troll 2-3 colors in front of the campground. The Pike fishing at Williams Fork is very good. They are willing to hit lures fished aggressively in the wind. The Frazier river thru Winter Park and Frazier has dropped, brookies and rainbows are hitting some dries in the evening and nymphs all day. The streams in Rocky Mountain National park are starting to fish very well with large dry flys and nymphs. Browns and Rainbows are hitting crankbaits and small spoons along the shore at Grand Lake. Lake Trout keep moving a little deeper. Please be careful and release any larger fish, these fish can be over 40 years old and could use our protection. Bernie Keefe has been a fishing guide in the Granby area for over 20 years

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
That's a good quick and consise report that covers quite a bit of water. But I agree, pics would be nice.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know how to post pics here. If you want pics go to my Facebook page,, fishing with bernie,, plenty of pics the kokes in wolford are 13"-15"

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
It hasn't. The last 2 times I iced the mile people still use the same moron techniques to try to fool the fish. Lots of old holes with floating power bait. And lots of people fish the mile...... And skunk.
Move over Slayer new 11 Mile sheriff is in town:)

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
It's all yours Slim
Nah it's all slayer's.

The only reason I do good there is because of kasty's.

Anyway this thread sucks. I'm going to clean it up... In hindsight I should have deleted the first jackass response... Bernie is a good dude and he don't need that ****.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts