Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All!
I was also wondering if anyone out there had any infor on Hattie?I hear that it has some good perch and alot of big trout. Can anyone shed a little of there insight on this lake?
Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Fished the tourny last weekend(sunday only). If you want the experience of fishing in hurricane winds, Hattie is the place to go.  Don't leave home without a hard side shelter!!  I had a soft side shelter we tried to set up, and it was impossible.  Fished exposed for a few hours on a couple different spots but no luck. 
The lake holds perch, bows, browns, lakers, splake, too name some.

A couple guys we knew caught many kokes, winning four hours on sunday($400).  The tourny winner was a 6lb laker(which got him $1600).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used to fish w#3 back in 95 -98 and it did kick out some pig size bow's & cutt's ,I had herd the water was really low,so we took a trip up there this early fall & I couldn't believe how low the lake was!!! we got there at night and tossed in our poles,nothing,woke up the next morning to find shore birds wading 150 yrds off shore in ankle deep water.If it gets some water it will be good again. we decided to go to the plains lakes for the rest of the day & did o.k. caught one nice bow out of meebor, found 26 fow
at twin buttes. wheatland #3 I'll miss ya !!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts