·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is a short but good report. I now drive a big truck around the
country, So i was on my way into Denver(up hwy 287)and had to
laydown for 10 hours in lamar. So i thought to my self why not stop in at
the walmart in TX and get a rod and reel and fish JM. So i did and
parked right in the parking lot below the dam at Jm. Went to bed and got up about 3:00 am and started out with a smithwick Rouge. With in the first 45 min. I had three small eyes. about 6 to 7 inches long so i moved and got 4 more one about 13 inches long, the other three were 10 or 12 inches long. So the ice is gone off what i could see on the main lake. I only fished about 4 hours. I got run off by the ranger having that big ol truck ;D in the parking lot. All fish were released. Then hit some gears and went home. :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice to hear you got some fishing in. Let me know when you're ready to do some fishing again. We did excellent the last 2 times we fished together. John Martin is a lake I have been wanting to fish as I hear it's the closest lake to the Oklahoma lakes I am use to fishing.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heather said:
let me guess it was one of the state parks rangers???
Yep. I didnt think or knew i could drive and not hit any signs in the park. This guy was really mad. But hay i payed for my park pass. ;D

·
Registered
958 Posts
Who cares what the ranger thinks when you make us so proud. Your dedication to fishing is to be commended. What excuse do I have sitting here wishing for more open water... now I'm off to fish... after all I have the day off! ;D

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Whatever you do, Don't stop at Holbrook on the way! It's prety much empty due to all the Farmers selling there water rights! And has been that way for some years!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts