Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to drive up through Wyoming this morning since Cameron pass was closed. Took a little longer but oh well. Saw probably 600-700 elk in the North Park area. Saw two golden eagles, some deer and three moose as well. Pretty great day for wildlife viewing. The fishing was not so hot. Caught 8 between three of us at John, kept one(16") for dinner tomorrow. Moved to North Delaney after lunch and didn't even mark or see a fish there. Cameron pass was open for our trip home.

P.S. All lakes have at least 10" of ice and a quite a bit of slush on top of that. We didn't try it with the snowmobiles (every time I see slush I think how nasty Granby was a couple of years ago), we just just drove the machines close and walked out from shore.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
gottafish said:
Had to drive up through Wyoming this morning since Cameron pass was closed. Took a little longer but oh well. Saw probably 600-700 elk in the North Park area. Saw two golden eagles, some deer and three moose as well. Pretty great day for wildlife viewing. The fishing was not so hot. Caught 8 between three of us at John, kept one(16") for dinner tomorrow. Moved to North Delaney after lunch and didn't even mark or see a fish there. Cameron pass was open for our trip home.

P.S. All lakes have at least 10" of ice and a quite a bit of slush on top of that. We didn't try it with the snowmobiles (every time I see slush I think how nasty Granby was a couple of years ago), we just just drove the machines close and walked out from shore.
Quicsilver171 said:
sounds like a typical day at delaney, i hope they get the pass opened up by the 26th
I think you'll be alright!

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts