Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My middle son and I will be heading to Lake John, Sun. Morning around 4 A.M. Made a reservation today for a cabin at Lake John, we are going to fish John on Sun., if it is good we will stay there, if not Mon. we will fish the Delaneys or Cowdrey, maybe Seymour. Plan on coming home around 2 P.M. on Mon. If anyone is interested, you can stay in the cabin Sun. night, just pay the extra few bucks they charge for additional people. P.M. me if your interested. Take Care

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm heading to Lake John this morning. I'll post how I did when I get back tomorrow. I'm staying at the resort too. The restaurant is open this year so it'll be nice to get a warm meal and a cordial or too.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Fishing was pretty slow. We did get a few. We tried the picnic area right by the resort and then the south end today. By far, most people were on the south end of the lake. We seemed to have the most luck in the dark, both Friday evening and Saturday before the sun came up. Some guy drove his tahoe about 150 yards out onto the lake and then drove back to the resort to ask if the ice was safe to drive on yet.

T

·
0 Posts
how much ice does dear john have?
that is nuts driving on it this early - or ever if it is up to me.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
WHAT!! the fishing was slow,but bill wilcox at the lake john resort said that it has been on fire lately, that must be why he fished at the delaney lakes for the newspaper article last wed. this guy says that john is always hot....hmmm. makes you wonder.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts