Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front page of the latest Walden paper says the DOW is planning on poisoning Lake John in August to kill off everything due to the sucker problem again. It says the water level will be lowered during the summer to prepare for this and it will be restocked afterwards in September. Enjoy it now before things are gone for quite some time.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Is that their answer to EVERYTHING ?? How about some tigers ? This same thing is going to happen at Crawford, since they have been on the warpath against pike, the carp population has taken over and now all the want to do is poison and start over. If they would have let the pike alone, they would have kept the carp in check a lot better.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
This might be one of those situations where tiger trout, rather than tiger muskies, could be of help.

·
Registered
64 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
This might be one of those situations where tiger trout, rather than tiger muskies, could be of help.
I am hoping this will happen along with more browns. The browns in ND seem to be keeping the sucker population in check there, while S and E are getting large populations of suckers. South is my source for mack bait for ice fishing.

·
Registered
341 Posts
why not have a carp tourney? Serious. If it paid money people will be there doing everything they can to get into the carp. Or would this violate law due to most guys catching them and dumping them out on the high sage. I hate it when they kill lake John. BS DOW needs to get a brain.

·
Registered
406 Posts
They have been doing this for as long as I can remember and the suckers keep coming back. Seems like they could try something different instead of killing all the nice fish that are in there.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
The DOW seems to screw up more than they don't...Slayer that is sad that fish like these will be killed off! NOT a fan of the DOW but don't know what to do...I have given written feedback to them but they still do what they want...I guess I am ALWAYS in the minority opinion!...Sucks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts