Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a txt from my buddy up at the tourney - his group caught about 60 fish between 5 people.

They won 5 of 9 hourlys

Musta been good fishing!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
it was actually pretty slow for most, me included...at least for big fish anyway....scott(just fish on here) won 2nd place and a couple of hourly prizes as well...he is one hell of a fisherman...congrats again scott, you deserve it.... ;D

·
Registered
323 Posts
Just got home a little bit ago from Lake John that was a fun drive home. :eek: As Jamie said the fishing was pretty slow but I did manage to catch 7 total over the two days with two of them being money fish. This bad boy came in at 24 1/4" long and 15.5" girth for a $575 2nd place finish. The first place fish was 26 1/4" long and 15.6" girth. Other than the slow fishing and the crummy weather it was a great weekend. :D

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
We found fish just not any of any size...biggest was about 16 inches...action was steady for me until I moved over closer to my friend that was seeing bigger fish than I was getting...weather was crazy warm...still 30 degrees in the middle of the night Saturday...ice was about 18 inches thick...as someone mentioned the winner was a hair over 26 inches long and 7 pounds and change...a local from Walden...Dick Snavely (sp?)...a beautiful cutbow...I think fishing was slow for most...Bill at Lake John lodge said they measured I think about half as many fish as the previous year...I saw a lot of people standing around on Saturday...so I think it was slower...like I said plenty of fish in at my first spot...just no size...

I can tell you one thing...locating your ice gear after a move...what a cluster of epic proportions...need any advice on how not to do it...I have it covered...I thought I was going to have to buy spoons on the way up...couldnt find my spoon box...I am a spoon addict...ask Roman...my spoon box weighs as much as a car battery...bwahahahahahaa...

Roman had an ATV and fished the area where he caught the winner last year...all he could find on Saturday was dinks...he took Colonatives spot in the cabin...a fun weekend of fishing and football...and plenty of abuse...hope you found a money fish on Sunday Roman...I think John and I are going to do the Delanney tourney if you are interested...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Just Fish,

I heard that you moved into second place on Sunday with that fish...that is amazing...not many fish make the board on Sunday...after all the vehicle traffic and noise from Saturday...over the years very few money fish come on Sundays...awesome awesome job with a spectacular fish!...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Zman, I was actually in second from 9:00 Saturday morning,it was a long wait to see if I would get bumped. It's funny how when you're on the board you hope the fishing continues to suck. >:D I did get a hourly late Saturday with a + 17" and I know the third place fish was turned in on Sunday.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Ok my mistake...Bill said a Sunday fish moved into second place...maybe I heard him wrong before I left on Sunday...any way awesome fish...sounds like you had the skills and a great spot with two money balls...yeah that gets to be a long wait for Sunday at noon...I know the year I got first place the clock couldnt move fast enough on Sunday...still congrats...great job!...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
just fish said:
My next goal is to finish a place higher than Jamie at the Delaney Tourney. ;D
Good luck with that Jamie sleeps there in the winter months...he petitioned his girlfriend to change her name to Delaney...I think I am going to go this year...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Just Fish - great fish man congrats! You're right, after you get on the board, you hope all the big fish go into hibernation!

Zman and Company, thanks for letting me grab that extra bunk - much better than sleeping in my vehicle as planned! Yeah, it looked like you could do deadlifts with that spoon box you have! I'm checking with my crew for the Delaney tourney - I will let you know.

As for me, I pulled a rookie mistake and was in a hurry Sat morning to get poles in the water and then get everything situated. A few minutes after 6am I see a fish on the rod - pick it up and a couple of big pulls and then - nothing - limp line. I check the drag and it is set for a king salmon run - WTH?!?! Oh well, that was my only shot, I only caught 10-14" fish after trying 3 different spots.

Good luck Just Fish in your goal for Delaneys - it's an uphill battle against Jamie Delaney!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
if there had been a category for muskrats i woulda won that one hands down..i musta had like 6 of those different little furry suckers come up my hole sunday...i must have been drilled right near their home area, it was pretty ridiculous for like 30 minutes with one after another coming up my holes. i even though about naming them since they came up so many times i was starting to see their unique traits...i talked to dick snavely sat afternoon and that was the first fish he has caught in the last 6 times fishing there....i would say that i would always rather be lucky than good any day. it was just his time, he is a good dude so he deserves it...and i am thinking that scott just fish needs no help with the delaney tourney since he got 4th there last year, he is on a roll, it seems that scott could catch a good fish in a bathtub as of late...it was still a good time hangin out and talking to all my buds, kirk,chris,roman,dick,scott,curtis,....i'm really is an honor to be able to fish and hang out with sooo many really good fishermen like all these fellas are...

·
Registered
648 Posts
jamiehughes said:
it was still a good time hangin out and talking to all my buds, kirk,chris,roman,dick,scott,curtis,....i'm really is an honor to be able to fish and hang out with sooo many really good fishermen like all these fellas are...
I never did get into any big fish either day just a bunch of dinks nothing over 15 for me . Congratulations Scott and Dick you guys deserved it after all your hard work up there. Hopefully ill have better luck for big fish at delaney come tourney time. It was nice to get to talk to everyone and meet dick snavely. I've never seen a hut like he's got its awesome. Jamie I wish I woulda atleast saw a muskrat in sunday consider yourself lucky.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts