Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished L.John 9/30-10/02. Mostly pretty slow, but caught several 1.5# to 4.5#. The larger ones were all rainbows, smaller ones were mostly cutbows. #16 bead head GRHE was the fly de jour. Tried hardware, plastics, wooly buggers, but only caught a few on buggers, none on anything else. But oh did they like those hares ears. The weather was just great, and still quite a few leaves on the aspens. All in all not a bad return to fishing after the knee surgery. It's still a little warm up there and will only get better as fall progresses. I broke off a lot of nice fish, which is something I rarely do. I use 4# fluorocarbon for tippets, and think that maybe the UV is affecting it too much as I generally leave the spool on the boat rail where it's easy to get at. Guess I'll have to get a new spool and keep it in a pocket.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I was there Saturday for two hours in the morning
and caught 5 between the two of us.
One on a olive leech pattern and a 3 on a crawdad colored tube jig . Our biggest was 5 lbs on a chartreuse and chrome rapala.
We were about the first ones on the water and there was a light fog on the surface. A real surreal moment until the duck hunters started blasting away. That was cool too.

·
Registered
943 Posts
sounds like they have alot of quality fish there ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts