Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how the ice up at Lake John is? I am planning on heading up there for News year weekend. Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
I was up there about 2 1/2 weeks ago and there was a good 12-14 inches then, with an inch or so of snow on it for easy walkin.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Went on 12/28, ice is 18-20 inches, trucks driving around on it everywhere. Fishing was slow for us. We went over to the point(eastside) opposite of the chokebushes where two fellas were sitting all day. They had six, fishing in about 10-11 ft. Beware, within about 5 ft of that point it's unsafe. Dog fell through within a couple feet of the rocks and it was quite deep. Took him a couple minutes to figure out how to get out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Call bill at lake john resort for up to the minute info at 970-723-3236. Please release the big rainbows, the little cuthrouts are better eatin. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
fishing up there has been slow for everything(cowdrey,john,delaney) bill is doing creel surveys for the dow and he has hit us up the last couple weekends and has told us it is slow everywhere else, we were just up there mon,tues,wed and it was slow at cowdrey, john and delaney. taking my girl up to delaney tomorrow early am for new years,maybe she can break the slump, she has a way of doing that. i'm sure if you want to stay at lake john, bill will tell you the fishing is pretty good. all the locals i know up there tell me that that is a pretty standard response for him unless he is already booked up, and i know quite a few locals up there.
good luck and maybe we will see ya up there.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Was thinking of going to John myself. Where are you located maybe we could car pool? let me know!

Tight Lines and Bent Rods!
Grizz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts