Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been to Lake John recently? I was thinking of heading up there this weekend .
I was wondering if the ice was still good and if the water was clear. We were up there a while back and it was cloudy.
Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Was over at Delaney on sunday the 5th and ice conditions were great. If your not having any luck at John try East Delaney Buttes or Cowdry, I have done good at both this year. Let me know how you do and good luck.

·
P I K E
10,097 Posts
   Haven't been to John yet this season but for info on the lake you can call up to the resort and talk to Bill or Tish Wilcox and they will be happy to help you.    970-723-3226
   Good luck !

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
i get the north park paper every week and bill has a fishing report in most weeks, he says ice is still great and fishing is still slow but improving. he said that in his creel surveys that he is doing that lake john is doing better than the other lakes right now, he says fish early though.. travel on the ice is tough he says with all the snow melting on top of the ice.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Was going to head up this weekend to lake John. Anyone hear how the fishing is lately? Went up the last weekend of January and it was real slow, got skunked. Give one last try on the ice this winter. This is my 3rd time ice fishing and I think I'm hooked. Any tips?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I had 2 friends fish there last Thursday and it was really slow there they said( they got skunked and only 1 party around them caught fish).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts