Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished Lake Loveland late Sunday night/early Monday morning from 11 p.m.-2 p.m. Battled some nasty weather -- heavy winds, big waves, rain and even a little bit of hail. I was able to gut it out enough to catch two nice walleyes right near the riprap, right in front of the statue near the parking lot. The one in the first pic was 17 inches and 1.25 pounds and came on the first cast of the night. The second one, 20 inches and 2.5 pounds, came around 1:30. Both were caught on a 3-inch chartruese husky jerk and both hit the bait right as I was getting ready to pull the lure out of the water. Casts parallel to the shore seemed to be the key.

The 17-incher:

The 20-incher:

Monday, I fished from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. I didn't think it was possible, but the weather was actually a little worse than before. Caught one ~10-inch smallie on the same husky jerk and in the same spot where I caught the walleye previously. I got two other soft hits on a crawler under a slip bobber but missed the hookset (I'm guessing they were small perch).

Rushed home to see the Nuggets embarass themselves. :mad:

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
They look nice... thanks for the recipe cant wait to catch a couple walleye and try it.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Nice....i went out the other night but had no luck throwing rapalas and husky jerks. nice pics, i was starting to forget what a walleye looks like lol

maybe later this week ill see one first hand...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kokaneeking said:
i was just curious are you talking about the parking lot in the middle or the one the other one ?
I'm talking about the first big parking lot you come to, on your right, when going West on Eisenhower Rd. Right by the big statue on the east side of the lake. But there are walleyes pretty much all along the riprap.

·
Registered
24,590 Posts
Nice job Mile High!!!...

K-Mart...what a waste of a 100 million dollars...can any of these guys hit the boards?...the NHL strike pissed me off...I gave up my season tickets...but what a contrast...at least the Avs have heart...the Nuggets have none...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts