Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided to hit loveland lake once again , got to the lake around noon , i started out jigging a bitsy and dident get any strikes so i went to a leech and caught two smallies one went 14 and the other went 15 , also missed four huge hits on me leechs ,then i went to the other side and hammered the perch caught around 25 

·
Registered
217 Posts
Last spring the leeches were the best bait for 'eyes there, too. I like drifting one under a slip bob on a jig while I cast and bounce another one in on with my other rod.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What's the best lure/technique for perch? I assume your are fishing the riprap along the highway? I've never caught any perch here in CO, and only incidentally caught them while fishing for other fish down south. Is the inlet right there by the highway too on the south side? Thanks. I drove by the lake the other day on the way to go golfing and have always heard about "the inlet" but never knew what or where.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Yes thats the inlet, small piece of worm on a jig, small Rapalas seem to work, flys, just about anything for Perch, minnows, leechs.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the perch are across the street from the bridge , you can catch 30 in no time , a small piece of worm and a split shot , i havent caught any walleyes but i missed some promising hits , i was talking to some people and looked over to see my pole bending hard

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks, I'll have to check it out! My hubbie doesn't fish, but my two little girls and I make up for his lack of enthusiasm for the sport! (He grew up saltwater fishing for kings and spanish mackeral and nothing compares according to him!) If I ever land one of those monster pike at Williams Fork or Stagecoach Res. he'll change his mind!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Whats the deal with this lake, I've heard you need to be a resident on the lake to put a boat on it. is this true?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts