Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Lake Mac Nebraska after some catfish. We fished the south west side of the lake. Got there about 5pm. Caught 2 catfish before it got dark. Through the night till 3am I ended up with 9 chanels and 5 bull head. My son caught 7 chanels and 2 bull head.
It was a good night but it is still a little cold at night this time of year. I was wishing I brought my Ice Fishing cloths.
We were using shad and shrimp for bait.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Re: Lake MAC 4/22

luv2fish said:
I cannot figure out how to post a photo at this time. I click insert image nothing happens.
It's all described in this post:

http://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php?topic=172.0

In short, you have to find a server to host your image (like www.tinypic.com) and then use
Code:
[img](web link of image goes here)[/img]
to show the image in your post. You can just cut and paste the "img" link that tinypic gives you after you upload the image.

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
227 Posts

Are you talking about Lake McConaughy? If so how was the water level? I would like to go there but, I have heard bad things about the water level.
Thanks,

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks for showing me how to post pics.
The Pic is a pic of my son and one of the 6 catfish he caught himself.
The catfish went from 18 to 23 inches. Yes I was at Lake McConaughy. The water level is not bad it is about 5ft fuller than at this time last year.
The catfish are excellent eating. We had some on the grill the same day I fillet them.
We are having more tonight.

·
Registered
769 Posts

ShaunSand said:
Are you talking about Lake McConaughy? If so how was the water level? I would like to go there but, I have heard bad things about the water level.
Thanks,
It is pretty bad at McConaughy. Last I checked the water storage was only at about 724,000 acre
feet. Barely enough to completely fill Pueblo twice and and both Chafield and Cherry Creek a few times.
I would limit my boating to the far east end of the lake to decrease the chance of running aground.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts