Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Lake Mac-7-18,pic

1K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  epic 
#1 ·
Me and my bro arrived at Martin Bay on  sun. 7pm and launched boat,fished dam till 9pm. I got a 12" smally on a twister. We fished from shore just between boat ramp and dam at the picnic tables till 11pm with worms and sucker meat.Skunk so went to sleep.On monday, Launched boat at 6am and headed uplake for 15 mins to Lemoyne? and started drifting in 14 ft deep to 16 ft deep but nada. Headed out to 30 ft deep. started drifting with live 4" suckers and BOOM! first fish was a 9 lb channel cat.Nice fight. From 7-10 am we caught 15 channels with most 20-24" on the suckers or twisters or spinner rigs/worms.Most everything caught at least 1 cat. Also missed around 15 or so.After that the wind picked up some and the cats got real finicky,could still see them on the F/F but wouldnt bite.Headed to the south shore to try for wallys but missed one wicked bite on a spinner rig/worm.Quit fishin at noon and used the cleaning station below the dam. Great place,nice cats! Guess we needed crawdads for the wipeys!

See less See more
G
#9 ·
We were there for three days. Saturday, blew like heck from the south. My dog peed in the tent and the splashback woke me up that night. :mad: Sunday, blew like heck from the north. Then someone's god tried to get me with a lightning bolt midday on Sunday from a cloud no bigger than my boat, scared me into North Shores out-house! The biting flies were horrible when the wind would blow from the north. For every eye we caught, we would catch two cats.

But the fishing was good. We caught about a dozen eyes each day. Drifting jigs/crawler out from Boy Scout or trolling cranks a bit east of North Shore would produce fish. Here are the most notables.

Please don't hold it against me that I wore the same shirt 2 days in a row. I'm a scrub like that. LOL

#11 ·
Nice 'eyes,dude! I'm green with envy!Beins we had only one day,its kind of tough to pick the right spot for the eyes,besides its only the second time I've ever fished there!Where is boyscout?How far from the dam?The waves get pretty big on that lake.

G
#12 ·
SLAYERFISH said:
Nice 'eyes,dude! I'm green with envy!Beins we had only one day,its kind of tough to pick the right spot for the eyes,besides its only the second time I've ever fished there!Where is boyscout?How far from the dam?The waves get pretty big on that lake.
Boyscout is on the south side. Heading from the dam its the last group of houses. Make sense?

All the fish we caught drifing boyscout were pretty small. The bigger fish came from the cranks and the biggest one pictured came from about 25 feet deep. Out from North Shore and just a bit east of their ramp, the bait and game fish were so thick the fish finder would turn black and I swear to god fish were either going after my cannon ball or the cable was hitting them.

#17 ·
Nice cat Slayer... hey is that catch fish smiling at the camera or what?

Erico, nice walleyes and post.

Bigbrown, it's time for you to come down out of the hills and join us on one of these Big MAC runs! I'm with Slayer time to hike into the back country for some cool whether fishing; let's put a hike on the calender, and get it done before the lakes start to freeze up!

Pete

#18 ·
Good job you 2... I liked erico's post all this bad stuff happened , then THE FISHING WAS GOOD! hehe thats all that matters man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.