Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got out there Tuesday evening and set up the tent on shore, stayed up all night drinking and fishing from shore. The first night there was the best fishing of the trip. We caught multiple cats in the 4-8lb range, a few 2lbers and then we caught two big fish at 5 am within a 10 minute period. The rest of the trip we didn't catch much but dink cats, I was with my brother who wasn't exactly prepared for the choppiness of the lake and didn't want to go back out on the boat after the first day.....*****... One day we went up the river a few miles and I get to my spot only to have my line snapped twice in a row within 30 seconds of being in the water, the was 30lb powerpro btw, after re rigging for the second time I got the fish on and it was a 30 inch pike with both of my hooks and my weight in its mouth and the third time I actually snagged him in the tail fin which is probably why he didn't snap me again! No pics cause my phone was in the car charging a ways a way, needless to say ill be using steelleaders next time ;) I wasn't expecting a pike up the river

This cat had the biggest mouth, I could put my entire fist inside its mouth

This fish hit right after I released the catfish

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This lake is really producing this year, my next trip I will be fishing solo which is the way I prefer. I plan to Hit the dam most of the night then the many sand flats along the shore. I hope to have some nice wipers to show for :)

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Haven't been. Might go when the small mouth start biting.

Easy there, Sport. That's my lake and I don't like people going without my written permission. Sen me a kite and I might let you go there.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
You never do....I got eyes and ears. I know how you been skimping on my fees.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
<deaf mute>

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
How has your success been up there this year golden rod??
My trips up there have been stellar!:hat: That lake is so easy even a caveman can fish it.....ain't that right , toni?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts