Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went back out to the lake this weekend, left Friday at 11am got there by 3. Fished from shore that evening til about 9:30, the first fish I caught was the biggest cat of the trip it was 23 inches, after that I proceeded to catch a couple 2lbers and then just bullheads. Although I did catch some of the biggest bullheads I've ever seen this trip, no pics because bullheads are not worthy to me but these guys were pushing 12 inches and a couple of their heads were atleast 3-3.5 inches wide. Saturday I put the boat on the water and spent the majority of the day fishing for cats with not much luck with any channels. Later that day my engine stops running and I had to troll about a mile against the lake mac waves back to shore, the prime ball wouldn't get hard so we figured it was out of gas. Went to poor gas in and almost immediately our tank started overflowing with gas so we didn't know what the problem was. Got the boat running on and off for about an hour and decided to pull it off, next morning we took it to a mechanic....long story short after over a hour of taking apart the boat to look at things that could cause the problem and replacing the whole priming kit, we take the boat seats of to access the tank......no fucking gas...BONE DRY:-\ We still don't exactly know why the boat wouldn't take on gas originally, 200$ later we determined we were out of gas. On the plus side we got our fuel gauge fixed at the same time:D Ohyea and replaced the primer kit to notice a fucking tear in the tube the next day....aside from the **** We put the boat back on around 11am I wasted more time fishing for cats to no prevail, I then went down the lake to fish for walleye and almost immediately had a good atleast 24 inch fish on that I got to the surface and it shook the hook at the net:-\ That sucked, about a hour later hooked another fish that took me around a tree below and we pulled back and forth at eachother for 10 minutes before the line snapped. Another hour or so later I got one in the boat it was 21" and will be dinner tomorrow night, before we left today I fished from shore and caught a few more walleye and one of them swallowed the hook it was 17" so I kept that one too. Ohyea I caught a nice white bass too that got hooked in the gills and it was all messed up and couldn't not swim down for more than 2 seconds. All in all it was an alright trip, could of been better could of been worse

First fish of the trip, released

Big sandie

21"

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm I wonder, I am not good at telling the difference that well but Im pretty sure this was a white bass, I caught it on the shallow end of the lake too I doubt the wipers would be down there yet. I have heard of some caught out there this year but the bite hasn't fully picked up yet, I hope to do a lot of wiper fishing later this year I have never actually caught one. At least i don't think i have

1 - 3 of 3 Posts