Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed there wasn't an outdoor report for the Southwest Area in Nebraska so I emailed them. Also mentioned I was patiently waiting for the post spawn. Phil Richmond from the NE DOW sent over this report - thought I'd share....

Lake McConaughy, </B> the surface water temperature is 42 degrees at the dam. Bank fishing success remained good for channel catfish west of Lakeview on the south shore using shad entrails and around the Otter Creek area. Most fish were between 2 to 3 pounds, with an occasional fish to 8 pounds. Some limited early walleye success has begun at night along Kingsley Dam by trolling or casting large crank baits. Most of the fish caught were between 16 and 17 inches. <B> Lake Ogallala, </B> the surface water temperature was 43 degrees. Anglers had fair success on rainbow trout to 12 inches using worms, salmon eggs, dough baits and spinners. An occasional fish to 16 inches was taken. Fly-fishermen had some success in the north basin. <B> Keystone Canal, water conservation flows were approximately 20 c.f.s. Success was fair on rainbow trout using worms, salmon eggs and dough baits. <B> North Platte River, </B> zero water release, with very poor fishing success.

I don't believe the spawn is underway yet. THe water is still a little cold, and the recent cold weather and storm didn't help. I would guess the spawn will get underway in the next few weeks. Stay tuned to the reports, and thanks for your interest.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Lake level was at 3,221.2 feet yesterday morning. Forecast is that it will reach 12
feet above the highest level for last year. That will put it at a little over 3,230 feet. That will
submerge a lot of area that has not seen water for a few years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts