Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the lake at 6pm last night. Fishing started hitting at 9pm. Within an 45 min, our group caught our limit of wipers, which is only 1 per person and a white bass. The other guys that went up there with us caught theirs 3.

We decided to move locations and try to bring home some catfish. Jumped in the truck and got stuck in the sand again. This time we decided we didnt want to pay for a tow. After 30 mins finally got out. Drove to the other side of the lake, and the other car (small car no 4 wheel) thought he was gonna just drive through mud. Not gonna happen. An hour later we get him out and decide not to fish here after all.

We go back to the dam, they go to a different spot. Both of us ended the night with great fishing.

When we finally put our poles back in the water we lost a good 2 hours of fishing. The wind picked up a lil, this was around midnight. The fishing was slow, cause with the wind the bait fish dont come in. At 3 am the wind died, bait fish came in. I took my cast net made a couple throws and caught a few shad. Cut them up and all the fish tore them up. We caught a ton of wipers i didnt want to count it was too many. Let all of them go cause we had to. Ended up bring home 4 wipers, 2 of the 6 lbs each, 2 white bass, 1 walleye, 5 catfish fat ones. The other group ended up with 3 wipers, 30 catfish, 4 whitebass. They also released alot of wipers.

I dont know how accurate a boga grip is but we scaled one that came out 12lbs. My measure stick only goes to 22' and it was over that im guessing 25' 26'. Does 12 lbs sound right to u guys? Pic will be up in a lil bit.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Good report still want to get up their and fish Does it stay good at night most of the sumer. I also want to get out and fish the striper boils at Lake Powell this year.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too be honest im not sure, for the past few years ive been really busy in august so thats when my fishing ended but im free this year so ill let you know. Man i have never been to a lake with fishing as good as this lake. This was my fifth straight week in a row going and every week was excellent expect last week when the wind was out of control.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Fished Friday night and Saturday afternoon. We trolled pretty much the whole weekend and caught this personal best 5.3 lb. walleye on a crawler harness. We caught a few walleye, wiper and catfish(can't believe catfish were suspended in 15 to 25 ft. of water and aggressive enough to go after cranks). We spoke to a number of other boats, they were all catching there limit of walleye drifting lindy rigs w/ leaches.

Good Fishin!!!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
flounder good job on the walleye, do u have a pic? When u went out friday night did u fish along the dam or else where? I want to walk up and down the damn to try for big walleyes but fishing keep biting so i dont wanna move LOL.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
HookNLine your 1/2 way there on figuring out how to get the pictures in... Next time make the link to the picture look like this:

Code:
[img]http://tinypic.com/717pc8.jpg[/img]
Then it will post the picture.

BTW thos are some nice looking fish, everyone I know is having luck with the cats but me.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When u get to the lake drive over the dam, enter the main boat ramp fish on that side of the dam. You can fish any where almost i know guys that fish a couple different spots they all catch fish. Just watch the weather if you go it sucks up there when it gets really windy.

·
Registered
16,535 Posts
I can hear them calling me!I just left a message for my bro to call me to try this sunday or monday or hopefully both at BIG MAC!

E

·
0 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
I can hear them calling me!I just left a message for my bro to call me to try this sunday or monday or hopefully both at BIG MAC!
I'll be there as well. See you on the water.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ill be there saterday at around 6pm till sunrise sunday morning if you guys are going to be there around that time let me know say hi to each other and see who has the bigger fish LOL. By the way PETE on this site is going to.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts