Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to hire a guide to fish Lake McConaughy - There will be a total of 3 anglers. I found a couple on line but would prefer a recommendation from a forum member.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I would like to hire a guide to fish Lake McConaughy - There will be a total of 3 anglers. I found a couple on line but would prefer a recommendation from a forum member.

Thanks.

You don't need a guide......if I was free I would show you how to fish the lake. When you going? This weekend?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Awe, crap, just remembered you sold your boat.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I am many things.....but shore trash is not one ,lol. I have my own boat.
Hey, now! I am shore bound for the time being... I know you have a boat but I still enjoyed a free boat ride when I had a boat. The good part: your buddy does most of the work. The bad part: he hogs the bow of the boat and gets first shot at the fish! :mad: Yeah, I'm talking about you, Cher. :lol:

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Hey, now! I am shore bound for the time being... I know you have a boat but I still enjoyed a free boat ride when I had a boat. The good part: your buddy does most of the work. The bad part: he hogs the bow of the boat and gets first shot at the fish! :mad: Yeah, I'm talking about you, Cher. :lol:
I generally fish in the back of the boat and honestly catch just as many fish, if not more than the person in front.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I generally fish in the back of the boat and honestly catch just as many fish, if not more than the person in front.
It depends where the fish are. If they are tight against the shore and the guy in front of you gets that first parallel cast, he usually gets bit first. If they are in open water, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

Yessir. I love when I get boat rides. Nothing wrong with being a boat whore,lol.

Sorry for the derail, Yak.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have never been on a guided trip at Mac but I heard some of those guides do not like greenies (folks with CO license plates). I have heard good things about Jerry Steinke:
http://www.lakemcconaughywalleyeguide.com/

From another forum:
http://www.nefga.org/forum/showthread.php?48522-Slabbing-McConaughy

Jerry seems like a good guy and appears to be kids friendly from what I gathered from the NE forum. AND he does not seem to have anything against greenies. ;D GL. It should be a fun trip.
I never understood why neighboring states dislike Coloradans. thanks i will give him a call.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I never understood why neighboring states dislike Coloradans. thanks i will give him a call.
Because guys like you and me took big wipers from Nebraska and Slayer took too many big trouts from Wyoming. Sorry to involved you in this Mike but your reputation is legendary;).

·
Registered
16,632 Posts
Because guys like you and me took big wipers from Nebraska and Slayer took too many big trouts from Wyoming. Sorry to involved you in this Mike but your reputation is legendary;).
No prob, I'm used to it-

·
Registered
16,632 Posts
It's hot, bugs, weeds, drunken shore retards everywhere-

1 - 20 of 110 Posts