Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I joined the boating caravan trolling the dam this weekend and had a blast. I'll take that anytime over Blue Mesa koke fishing.

Anyways water temp was 48-50. Weather cooperated and fished from 7pm till 9pm. Caught two walleyes. One 18 and one 24 incher that weighed 3 pounds. Throw in one smallmouth and we were happy to beat the skunk. I kept the boat in 20fow and all were caught on the dam side of the boat on planars. Trolled yozuri, rapalas, and rogues. No tangles with shore folks.

Water level was low. We launched from Martin Bay and the back end of the 4runner was almost completely in water. Divers bay ramp looked a little steeper but the road to it was horrible. Boat ramp thats right next to Kingley's lodge looked almost completely unusable due to low water. The spray was off on Ogallala side. Didnt see anybody fish the spillway.

Game wardens stopped us Friday night and gave us the full check when we pulled out of the water. Life jackets, licenses, oars, fire extinguishers, etc etc but of course we totally checked out fine :thumb:

Drove back Sunday morning/afternoon and totally ran into that storm. Saw 4 cars in the ditch on I-70. One car had completely flipped onto its roof. That is one horrible road even when its dry.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Awesome man thanks for the report!! Ill be getting out there within the next 3 weeks. That road can definitely be sketchy, we had to pull over and wait a storm out last year on the way home the wind was absolutely crazy and the hail hitting the roof made it impossible to think. We were parked for atleast 45 minutes the car was shaking from the wind

1 - 2 of 2 Posts