Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was in Las Vegas for CES and decided to go fishing at Lake Mead. This was my first time fishing Lake Mead and I was not disappointed! If you've never experienced a striper boil before make sure you put it on your list. This was lots of fun! I know everyone is out on the ice right now and I'll be out there too very soon.
Water Vertebrate Sky Outdoor recreation Lake

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Nice! I grew up in Vegas. Fished it a few times with my grandfather and got into a ton of stripers. Lake Meade used to have like seventy pound stripers back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
I wish I was around to fish it in the eighties and nineties. There are some other lakes in northern Nevada with monster wipers. And pyramid lake has 20-30 pound cuttys

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice! I grew up in Vegas. Fished it a few times with my grandfather and got into a ton of stripers. Lake Meade used to have like seventy pound stripers back in the day.

Yeah, They aren't as big now. If you get a 10-lb now it's a trophy. Most of them were in the 3 to 4 lb range. The problem is that they are all stunted. That's why there is no limit on them, because they are over populated. More folks need to harvest them to control the population.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts