Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A boat in Homer would be great. But that is probably 16 1/2 years away.

Bob, this would be a good home base for your trips to GHB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big investment for a couple good weeks per year-

How does one week per month (and the ability to use the boat anytime it isn’t being used by an owner which is most of the fishing season) equate to a couple good weeks per year? And have you priced a rental?

Either way, thanks for bumping to the top.

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
^^^^^^ Bwahahahahaha!!!! To the top! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I got to stay on this boat a few years back.
This is a nice clean boat.
Well maintained.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Wow that’s cheap for a boat like that 15k won’t even pay for a new outboard on my boat.
We may be interested in a rental in a couple months not sure if that’s an option thanks

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
My Bud is down there on His 72' HB...
1/8 ownership.... He gets 4 weeks...
116 in Page, Az. this afternoon.....>:D>:D
Ummm.....
No Thanks.....

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow that’s cheap for a boat like that 15k won’t even pay for a new outboard on my boat.
We may be interested in a rental in a couple months not sure if that’s an option thanks
I wish I could rent it out to you. Insurance (and Powell) won’t allow it.

1st year investment is like $20K. Nah-

Besides too freekin hot out there-
You can admit that you are just angry that your job won’t allow you to take enough time off to enjoy the lake. Everyone knows your work schedule is brutal.

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
I guess Im just not a Powell guy. I don't like cruising long distances over water. Need a much bigger boat for that. I don't care for big heat much either after being a roofer for twenty odd years. Couldn't care less for watersports either. Don't care much for stripers either. Don't like wind either. Specially in a boat.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I guess Im just not a Powell guy. I don't like cruising long distances over water. Need a much bigger boat for that. I don't care for big heat much either after being a roofer for twenty odd years. Couldn't care less for watersports either. Don't care much for stripers either. Don't like wind either. Specially in a boat.

Perfect! No one asked you to buy it and fish Powell anyways. I’m sure everyone will sleep better knowing your opinion

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Don't like wind yet you drive to the middle of Wy to catch trout bwahhhh

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:popcorn: Slayer is catching some grief here.

Powell certainly isn't for everyone. And it is hot in the summer (we are heading out for next week, will be over 100* every day.)

Not sure how you avoid wind in the West. You don't avoid it at Powell, or Wyoming for that matter. Although fall at Powell (September - November) I don't think I have had a bad windstorm.

Lots of fish other than stripers. I think that stripers are a lot of fun to catch, and even a mediocre fisherman like me can catch a ton of them out there. That said, I've probably caught more walleye and SMB than stripers over the years.

The beauty of the houseboat is that you don't have to take your boat over long stretches to get to where the fishing is good. Take a group of guys, motor your way up to GHB or down to Rincon or San Juan, and spend the week never running much further from the houseboat than you would if you were fishing in Colorado and Wyoming. And on the way down and back, you get it hang out with your friends.

Obviously this isn't meant for someone who doesn't like Powell. Or probably if you only wanted to go one time per year there are better options.

I have owned the boat for 5 or 6 years. During that time I have probably done 30 trips. Some full week trips, and some longer weekend trips. That is the type of owner that will get the biggest advantage out of this boat.

As a point of reference, to rent a somewhat comparable houseboat, you are looking at close to $5000/week for peak season, and $4000/week for off peak.

Now, lets get back to picking on Slayer.;D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts