Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ,me and a couple of buddys are going to spend a week there searching for stripers. we are heading out on sat the4th of june and was just wanting to pick any of your guys brains thanks in advance
eric
ps whats up pete

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
right on slayer i will be waiting to here from yous when you return rip mad lip bro oh yea thanks for the info

·
Registered
270 Posts
Waynes world is the way to go. Last year I only found them one day, but was fast and furious for about an hour my son and I were bringing them in 2 at a time. Then my motor went dead and the last day we had to fish off the shore, but did catch a few smallies. I know there are a couple of guys on Waynes board that fish there all the time and they gave us some good tips.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just curious, when you guys go do you rent a house boat or pitch a tent. If you have any info on the boats could you fill me in. thanks

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
This is my first time so dont know much!We are gonna pitch a tent somewhere down the lake.Just let your fingers do the walkin!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Let me know how that goes. I just think enough people could make the price affordable for a house boat to sleep and party on and have a smaller boat to get around and tear them up in..

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
A bud of mine goes to powell every year in sept-oct.They rent a h-boat and tow his 16 footer.He just wails on all kinds of fish!He said I could get in for 300 or so.For 5 days.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You cant pass that up!!!! I heard that time of year is great as far as the weather goes.( not as hot) and the prices drop alittle. I checked prices on one site and they seemed alittle steep seeing how the level is low and they dont have the same amount of visitors they are use to.. I still want to go.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
house boats kinda spendy for 3 people we are also pitching a tent pete has been there a few times i hope that it is on!!!!!

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
Yeah man,I leave in 2 days-my hands are shakin,I cant think of nuthin else!I wanna be there now!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lucky dog!!!!! i still have 2 weeks but cant wait i want to here about big numbers when you get back go rip sum mad lip!!!!!
oh yea fish well
eric

·
Registered
280 Posts
I hve caught in excess og 30 fish in less then an 2 hours there. I love that place. If you are going to Bullfrog go to the back of the bay all the way west and there is a small cliff that may have some water around it not sure though now. I always catch lots of stipers back there. Unfortunatly now that my dad moved away I have no one to go with anymore. Also one more thing the key is anchovies. Fish them off the bottom at night and you may not get any sleep if they are biting good.
Scott

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
right on scott you are the second person that has told me that i am hoping for sleepless nights

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I just picked up most of my bait (during lunch), we are packing tonight and leaving for Bullfrog tomorrow after work. Its going to be a great weekend with day time temps in the low ninety's. I still haven't made up my mind where we are going, north or south of Bullfrog, probably south, maybe to Escalante or San Juan.

For anyone interested I just down loaded the free trial version of Google's Keyhole 2 LT software. Its incredible. You can see your house, or in the case of Lake Powell, house boats, fishing boats, ski boats, cars in the parking lots, shallow areas, boat ramps etc, potential camping areas... I looked at the area we camped at last spring and the water level on the images appears to be 5-10 feet higher than last spring when we were camping, meaning it is now about 20-30 feet lower than what is shown the images. Keyhole uses lots of data, you probably need cable or DSL at a minimum.

Terre

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
TAL0362 said:
I just picked up most of my bait (during lunch), we are packing tonight and leaving for Bullfrog tomorrow after work. Its going to be a great weekend with day time temps in the low ninety's. I still haven't made up my mind where we are going, north or south of Bullfrog, probably south, maybe to Escalante or San Juan.

For anyone interested I just down loaded the free trial version of Google's Keyhole 2 LT software. Its incredible. You can see your house, or in the case of Lake Powell, house boats, fishing boats, ski boats, cars in the parking lots, shallow areas, boat ramps etc, potential camping areas... I looked at the area we camped at last spring and the water level on the images appears to be 5-10 feet higher than last spring when we were camping, meaning it is now about 20-30 feet lower than what is shown the images. Keyhole uses lots of data, you probably need cable or DSL at a minimum.

Terre
I downloaded the free version of Keyhole, its good....check it out if you get a chance, i used it to look up adresses i havnt been to since i was a kid and it works very well...im not sure how much its updated or how often, some things are not visible that i know have been built for several years. its alot of fun to play with though. its very similiar to FalconView EP, something ive used before for military applications...

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Bigbrown-I got a friend named Ed Gerdemann who posts on Wayneswords alot-he fishes that lake almost weekly. If you want send him an email and tell him I suggested you contact him. He KNOWS that lake and will put you on the fish whether its stripers or smallies you're after. If you do, say hi for me. Ed

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Ed,

What about the rest of us :)... Bigbrown doesn't need any help from what I hear anyway.

I read everything Wayne has to say. LP is always a great time. If Ed Gerdemann has any specific advice for us have him send you an e-mail which you can in turn PM Slayerfish (leaving friday night) and I leaving tomorrow night.

Terre

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I'll try to reach him-if I do I'll post it. Ed

1 - 20 of 34 Posts