Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
thanks for the compliment Terre. and ed if you find that link that would be soooo cool i will also look for eds posts on ww
thanks
eric

·
Registered
405 Posts
All,

The folks making the May trip should put the smack on the stripers, your arriving at an excellent time of the year. If you can... carry a portable marine radio to try and pickup on the chatter from other folks that have located the stripers.
The stripers will go on a feeding frenzy during the early hours (if you can locate the points there staging on) in the morning, and late evening hours. I've had times when we've caught over over 100 stripers in a day. If and when you locate a productive point, come back to it the next day, again and again. I almost always found them there at the same time, am and pm.

The trick to the stripers is locating the schools. Once you find their feeding location, it's game over. Have plenty of ahchovies on ice, and oz bucktail jigs, white worked best for me, the fishing will be rapid. I've usually find the fish suspending in about 40-60 ft of water in May.

I have no doubt, that Tallo and Slayer will find them.

As for our June 4th trip, I'm thinking it will be a very early and late night fishing show. The temps will be up, and the fish will most likely feed during the hours of darkness; unless of course you can locate boils.

I'm ready brothers and sisters. Night lights will be loaded and let the fishing games begin!!!!

Pete

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Heres my non-report on powell-my buddy? crapped out on me so didnt go!I left them all in there for you,BB!Maybe I'll get to go in october with a different bud.Later-

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
That sucks slayer, the fish gods owe you one! 10 lb.+ trout? ??? ;D

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Slayerfish,

It is disappointing when you don't get somewhere you are planning to go, especially on a longer trips. I hope you got out somewhere last weekend without the foolish "buddy" who backed out. I did try to call you on 68 a few times.

Several reports on Wayneswords were that fishing was slow last weekend, right before the full moon. I followed Pete's (Pete from this site) advise and went to the confluance of the San Juan and Colorado for stripers. His advise was sound. I filed report.

Terre

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
slayer that really really sucks man i will try to put the slay on them next weekend for you hows that sound.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Slayer
I feel your paine leaving for alaska in 4 weeks my buddy is trying to back out .
I got him a free rund trip ticket first class 4 out of 7 nights in the hotel are paid for. ofered to loan him money for expenses. he still says no.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Gezz Stuccoman,

That is a realy great offering on your part. I'll bet your fishing buddy has a jealous GF who is causing his turmoil. If that is the case, what she should know, is if she lets(and supports) her guy going fishing she can add about 200 points to her score card rather than having him take 20 away.

Terre

ps, my brother and a bunch of his buddies are going to AK in a few weeks.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
isnt it saturday yet?????lol i cant wait for the morning leaving 6-7 am yeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wish us luck
eric

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
good luck! Make sure to catch a bunch of them stripers!!!!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
BB,

I think you will be hitting it perfect. No moon, mid spawn, nice weather... I'm sure we are going to hear about a 100 fish day. Thats 4-500 lbs of fish! I wonder how many shad 4-500 lbs of striper eat in a year?

Terre

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
i hope that it will be insane " i want bloody thumbs" thanks tfb and terre i will let you all know how good it was when i return
continue to rip sum mad lip on these colorado waters
eric

21 - 34 of 34 Posts