Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just came by the lake, the ice has some open leads in it. with the warm days on the weekend and wind on sunday by monday or tuesday the main lake should be ice free. the water level is 4856 today or 25 feet low at this point

·
Registered
182 Posts
I finally made it to P-town yesterday and fished from 2-9. Caught a dozen or so eyes and two smallies. No keepers. Most of the eyes were 17 3/4". Caught most on jigs but a couple each on blades, rouges and crawler harnesses. 20-26' deep. Water temp 59.
I think it's about to bust loose. Wish I had leeches.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks Gary - sounds like the keeper size is pretty tough to come by there. Never have fished for the eyes there - only been to Pueblo twice to fish at all, and got skunked both times we were there. It's time to "break the curse" and actually catch something. Any special tips for a "PLO Rookie" would be appreciated. I drool over the thought of hooking onto a wiper and going for a wild ride - never even seen one in person. So far, the biggest/wildest thing I've ever hooked into was a 3 pound carp, but it was fun! It will be a rarity when we actually get to go to PLO - too far and too much to do generally. It's a long trip for us, but one we hope will pay off this time. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated since we'll likely not get too many cracks at that lake... PM's are welcome! Thanks guys.
Sharon

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Juniper Campground has some nice coves with fairly convenient access to them if you are looking for some places to fish from shore.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
There are not only trout in Pueblo...but also the lake Mac strain..
Looks like they stock it every year... none came up in the survey through.... Them Wiper,Walleye and Bass are eating good!! :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts