Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i just made a post in introductions after registering, I found out I am moving to the Colorado Springs area around the holiday seasons. Doing some quick research but look like Lake Pueblo will be my home lake and fishing looks pretty good and get back to the species i love, smallmouth and walleye. I think I am convinced to bring the boat to Colorado. I searched for fishing forums for colorado and this was the second result. Seems there isn't quite as many active forums as other locations. But anyway, look forward to getting after it in the spring and learning the new lake.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
welcome aboard. if you get here near 1 dec you can catch the tail end of the good walleye jig bite thenit slows down till mid march. lake pueblo has been my home lake for over 30 tears. it can be great and also a *****

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the responses, my arrival will be more like 15 dec, priority will be getting settled into new assignment and living. I will be shooting for march to start. If lake pueblo is a reservoir, i found the summer to be the best precision trolling for them like at dale hollow in north central tennessee. But wont know what i want to do until i actually get out there and spend half a day staring at electronics, navioincs, and get a feel for the lake.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I appreciate the responses, my arrival will be more like 15 dec, priority will be getting settled into new assignment and living. I will be shooting for march to start. If lake pueblo is a reservoir, i found the summer to be the best precision trolling for them like at dale hollow in north central tennessee. But wont know what i want to do until i actually get out there and spend half a day staring at electronics, navioincs, and get a feel for the lake.

This forum frowns on trolling. That’s why slayer won’t be my friend. It’s my preferred way to fish

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This forum frowns on trolling. That’s why slayer won’t be my friend
Well in general, i am not a one technique type of guy, will fish anyway i have to as long as its legal if i know it will catch them and really depends on the fish i mark. Somedays i am set up for a technique and dont even fosh before i am rigging rods because the marks i am targeting. Often i will bring two to three sets of rods setup for mutltiple techniques to eliminate constantly tieing rods. Botton line, trolling has its time and place, as does any other technique.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Trolling is hard on beer, making it more expensive to fish. My only complaint. You can always catch a fish trolling, rarely a skunk day

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
I catch walleyes almost exclusively working metal or plastics. Huk it out rip rip rip. Less time for drinking beer though.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I catch walleyes almost exclusively working metal or plastics. Huk it out rip rip rip. Less time for drinking beer though.
Sounds similar to the technique im using right now for striper and a flutter spoon. Only problem its all location, location, location and don't cover as much water.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
15 December, may as well get settled and bundle up to get on some ice :).
Yep i was thinking that, how thick does ice get. I have an atv i was going to send home that is ideal for ice fishing back home, i like northern mn where im from where you just fish while sitting on the tailgate.

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
I wasn't refering to Pueblo for ice fishing, some mountain lakes get close to 30" some years, changes from year to year.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts