Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got off early from work today. Went to lake Q at around 2:30. I know I like to help out others here, but I have been sworn to secrecy by the members of another website--I will try to be as specific as possible otherwise. Let's just say it's a suburban lake near a major metro area in the Colorado Rockies. It has good fishing for various species of fish and is rumored to still have tiger muskies. I paid my five dollars to get in and started fishing by the first major cove on the east side. I was fishing about 30 yards offshore in my Watermaster raft (kinda like a pricey dinghy like the ones used for whitewater rafting only smaller with a hole cut out in the front for your feet). At about  3:35 pm Mountain time, I caught a fine example of species T. It was about 14 inches long. I can't tell you what I caught it on, but it wasn't a
Senko, Gitzit, or other flavored bait. I have concealed the identity of the fish to protect the innocent.

Sorry  I can't give out more details, but species T is only stocked about 20 times a year here in lake Q and having a lot of people crashing my lake will really deteriorate the fishing.

I know I promised to to post GPS coordinates, so here they are:

33 degrees 19'49.88" N

44 degrees 26'31.95" E

By the way, I forgot my flyrod and the only fishing pole in my car was a Barbie Rod, so this is the first fish for the Barbie challenge.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
Thats funny as hell! Glad to see all the humor on this site!!!

Thanx for the smile.

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know, prior to 2003, the rangers at these coordinates were real hardasses. If you didn't follow the rules, punishement was super harsh. I would even go as far to say that they might even chop you up and make bait out of you (and they don't even allow bait there!). Since then, it can seem like combat fishing at times.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
OHHH GPS OHHHHH

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh great....Now George Bush is going to invade lake Q......oh wait. Lake Q doesn't have any oil. Nevermind.

LOL....Funny stuff.

Fish on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
silicone, I swear that's the same fish I caught and released last week. Did you dust him for prints? I'm sure mine are there. Oh yea, you might end up in Gitmo if the rangers catch you doing something like that. Say, was that the standard Barbie rod, or the professional model with matching bobber and tackle purse?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was the professional model that telescopes. It fold up real small so that you can carry it without embarrasment. It comes with a backpack, tackle box/makeup container, and a pair of sunglasses. $13 at Discount tackle. It would make an awesome ice rod in the winter.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I really don't understand why so many people on this site keep posting fishing reports with no indication of the lake or even lures to be used. Obviously, people don't want their precious fishing water overfished which is completely understandable, however, why post in the fishing report if you are not going to provide information that can benefit others.  Reports like this should be posted elsewhere.  What gets me is when people will not even mention the lure that is being when they are not even mentioning the lake. Like it is that big of a deal.  I like to know the lures used because it tells me the mood of the fish and the colors that are effective. 

I go to Sportsman's a lot and look at the fishing reports to see what is hot. What good would it do if the fishing report board says" Fishing is excellent for X fish at Y lake. People are using W bait near the T point.

My point is that this website should be used for knowledge sharing and to help each improve as fisherman. I have been fishing since I was 4 (23  years of fishing) and have increased my fishing knowledge greatly through talking to other people, reading articles, viewing websites like this one, and just trial and error. If we hold back information what value does it add to the new fisherman who is trying to learn.

People don't have to divulge their secret fishing spot or the rock they cast from but at least provide information to make a "Fishing Report" useful.

Sorry for the long post, but I am just venting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Michael,

I'm not sure if you just didn't get it, but this post appears to have been intended as a joke. The clues given were easy to follow, and I have never even fished at Q***** Reservoir. I have caught alot of T**** at other lakes though. After all ofthe drama this week, people are just trying to lighten the mood. I think once the drama has died down and people actually get out to the lakes this weekend, better fishing reports will follow. As far as the lure, you can still see it sticking out of the mouth of the fish. I am new to lure fishing, so I can't tell you what it is, but check it out. Not trying to piss anyone off, but I really don't want this to turn into another flaming thread. Let's get this week overwith and catch some fish.

Fish on

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Michael-Even though a fishing report doesn't give a location you can still learn alot from the info given-what depth, what lure, what presentation or technique, etc, etc. 

As I've said before, I live in Colo. Springs.  All of the lakes listed in the Denver meto area and north I don't fish-so what good would it help me to know its Jackson or Catfield or Horsetooth.  I ain't gonna go there anyway.  But I do like to hear what they're using and how they're using it.

I just don't understand why people struggle so much with the concept of talking about the "how" but not the "where".

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Jimshady said:
this post appears to have been intended as a joke.  The clues given were easy to follow, and I have never even fished at Q***** Reservoir. 
I am well aware of the reservoir being referenced but why the games. I realize the post is for humor purposes but it looses it flare after it was already done the other day. Besides there are many people who have never fished the "Q" Reservoir and may not be aware of the so called clues. Maybe we should all just start joking around on the fishing reports to add some real excitement. Quite frankly, I am more interested Coloradofisherman.com to enhance my knowledge base for fishing, not as a means for entertainment.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Quoting Michael in Parker "Quite frankly, I am more interested Coloradofisherman.com to enhance my knowledge base for fishing, not as a means for entertainment."

I couldn't agree with you more, but the great thing about this forum is that not only do we get good information through fishing reports, but almost everyone gets a smile while on the site.

Don't sweat the petty stuff. Life is supposed to be FUN!!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts