Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be in the Ridgway, Ouray, Durango areas on Sunday and Monday.

Salida on up 285 to Denver on Mon eve and Tuesday.

Lookig for a few decent spots to try for some bass and trout.

camping/fishing/hiking and doing photography on my 3 day trip. Looking for car access only or very short hikes to a lake.

Also anyone have intel on Ridgway Reservoir State Park?

thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
A few years ago I use to fish Ridgway and it had great Smallmouths in it but......since then they have been trying to get fishermen to remove them through tournaments, haven't heard how the fishing has been since

·
Registered
301 Posts
The campground at Ridgway is nice, but I'm sure this weekend you won't be able to find a place to even stand. Ditto the river below the dam.
One place that might not be covered up in people is the upper Middle Fork of the South Platte above Fairplay, and you might find a camping spot at Middle Fork Campground at Fairplay. Arkansas has many drive up accesses, even right in town at Buena Vista. It will be busy, though as will most places I can think of on Mem. day.
Sorry, missed the lake part. Somebody else will chime in about that

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
why don't you try the new reservoir outside of Durango,also if your close to Alamos there are some kick ass blm ponds east of there killer trout ,large mouth and bluegill in em

·
Registered
44 Posts
why don't you try the new reservoir outside of Durango,also if your close to Alamos there are some kick ass blm ponds east of there killer trout ,large mouth and bluegill in em
Thanks for your note

1 - 8 of 8 Posts