Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea what the name of the lake is. I just heard that it was closed for the last 3 years no fishing. You can fish it now. I went out there to give it a try. Really nice lake play ground right next to the lake for the kids to play. Went yesterday and today. Yesterday the Kats where biting really good, small but really fun. Crappies where biting today used a twister tail with a bobber. Threw it out as far i can and slowly retrived it. The cats were biting worms and crawfish tails. Only 2 kats today. Its off highway 66 in longmong good place to take kids fishing. O yea i caught a bass on the bottom on worm to. For you bass and fly guys might want to give it a try fish jumping for bugs everywhere.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
I think you are talking about Mcintosh? opened last year...you can fish half of it, the west side is closed as a wildlife sanctuary. very shallow ive read from a survey the city did, i guessed they did a netting and found small crappie catfish mostly. i catfished it one night and all i caught was mostly bullheads and a few channels....fun place to take a kids though...or adults, if you like catching lots of smaller fish....

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im dont think thats it. On highway 66 right after u pass hover street u will see it. Theres really really big houses around the lake where the rich folks live. Is that it Rottal?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Im pretty sure thats the same one...has a road that goes around much of the lake..and park next to it...with tennis court. public end of the lake has a path that parallels the shoreline. some fairly big houses on the north side? i think hours are limited until 11pm or so...if thats the same place, i live not too far from there....

Lake Shore Drive is next to it also, or close...is that the one?

and im also just only speculating on the small fish...could be bigger ones, ive only fished it a little...

·
Registered
153 Posts
couldn't find lakeshore but fished down 66 past hygiene and caught a bunch of bass mainly but also some panfish, didnt see the name but saw others fishing who looked to be doing allright, also asked my frined about lakeshore and he said he caught 10 carp for every 1 non carp, so maybe it was good i couldn't find it.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Its strange, i practice almost nothing but catch and release, but for some reason i cant get excited about catching carp. I used to catch a few on my flyrod just for kicks, but i grew tired of that too...carp just arent on my list of things i like to hook up with. i wish i would get more excited about catching them, since theres so many around and they do get big...

dont get me wrong, i dont like killing them though either, so i dont agree with that just throwing them on shore as ive seen some people do. id just much rather catch a big cat when im bottom fishing....

im almost jealous you enjoy catching them Jay...i just cant get myself to do it

M

·
0 Posts
Its strange, i practice almost nothing but catch and release, but for some reason i cant get excited about catching carp. I used to catch a few on my flyrod just for kicks, but i grew tired of that too...carp just arent on my list of things i like to hook up with. i wish i would get more excited about catching them, since theres so many around and they do get big...
throughout the fishing community a lot of people share the same negative opinion of carp, but i personally dont think they get nearly as much credit as they deserve, what fish in colorado is going to fight much harder than a carp and is that easy to catch, also, if u catch a nice fighting trophy pike or trout or wahtever a lot of people rnt gonna eat those since apparently (never tried cuz i catch and release) they don't taste so great, so why not just enjoy tyhe fight

i do respect yours and everyone elses opinion as long as they rnt throwing them on the banks or anything, i cant stand that

just wanted to throw my opinion out there

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Anyone hit this as of late? I am headed out the door as we speak, will post what happens, (prob not much, but we will see).

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just got back one of my buddies caught 3 crappies with a jig, a catfish on the bottom with crawfish tail. My other buddy caught 3 crappies with a jig. I got frustrated and went a couple hundred yards form them then i caught a 21 inch walleye. Boi did that make my day. I coudnt take a pic because my sister in law took my camera for a weding this past weekend. We also caught about 10 bass all pretty small. I just read a post i think is was 10 pm said they where heading out the door isnt this lake closed at 11pm?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
That was my post, I dunno, never had the cops crusing around there say anyhting to me when alking out with my fishing gear ??? What did you catch the eye on? I was told that the walleye fishing is good and people have been nailing them, I dunno I sure haven't.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea i was fishing there. just a regular jig i was actually trying to catch crappies and the walleye took it. How often do u go out there ive been out there like 3 times the past week. First 3 times i been there also.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Out there when ever, its like 3 mins from my house, great for night fishing. Have to take the leaches out of the fridge and give them a try. :s

1 - 19 of 19 Posts