Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have anything good to report fromsylan lake in the state park right past eagle?

me and b-dubs went there last year and killed em...sorta, but ya, r they still in there?

tell me

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went there once, but only caught one small rainbow. Is there allot of fish in there. I was using salmon eggs.

chooch

·
Registered
133 Posts
'Stang, Chooch,
I gotta say that its one of my favorite state parks in CO. The fishing there can be great! There are some multi pound brook trout in there if you can get them to bite. I have typically caught the normal size 10-14 inchers (Brook Trout). The bite is better in the morning and evening and most of my luck has been on fly fishing tackle. Small nymphs and emergers (you've got to play the "match-the-hatch" game) when the fish are at the surface. Otherwise a SLOW retrieve with a sink tip line and a sz 14 to 18 pheasant tail should get some interest. I recommend a float tube if you have one (or small row boat/canoe) and work the edges of the weed beds. (If you take the road past the lake you can get a look down and see where the holes and weed beds are.)

If the lake isn't cooperating - Brush creek has some trout in it too.

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts