Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading some of the recent posts and wanted to say thanks to the guys who are involved and active in trying to protect / improve the local lake trout waters. Appreciate what you are trying to do and know it takes time and can be frustrating.

Also have been able to learn more about lake trout from your posts. Never realized how old and rare the big ones are. Personally, we release them - but to each his own. I do try to pass on the info about the big ones so even if people keep them, maybe plant a seed so they don't take them for granted. Kinda cool thinking you can catch a fish older than your kids.

Anyways, thanks for what you do and the info you share about these fish. Don't think you get enough credit. I'm sure we will cross paths on the ice someday and i'll tell you in person.

John

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Right on man. Fishing at most mountain reservoirs wouldn't be jack in Colorado without Lakers or Pike. Dillon is an example of what it would be like everywhere, Stocker bows, stunted jokanne, and the occasional brown that busts 18" is all we would have. Places like the shallower impoundments like the SP lakes would be the only potential for any big fish and even then your rarely getting the chance at anything over 10lbs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts