Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips like depth wise to targeting lake trout planning on twin lakes this weekend, thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
twin is one of those lakes youll find them anywhere from 5 feet to 80 feet (upper is about 10 feet deeper). they are both big bowls. You don't have humps, dropoffs, canyons, or much structure. Go out, check different depths and use your electronics untill you feel good about a spot. Then just put your time in and figure out what presentation seems to do the best job triggering bites and chasers.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thanks for the info. I was thinking about starting out at around 45 fow and work deeper. I've read they're pretty deep, just I never knew how deep. I'll probably try around 25 set the jaw jacker there and jig the other pole around 35 and move deeper in 10ft increments.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Awesome thanks for the info. I was thinking about starting out at around 45 fow and work deeper. I've read they're pretty deep, just I never knew how deep. I'll probably try around 25 set the jaw jacker there and jig the other pole around 35 and move deeper in 10ft increments.
That's a good plan, good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts