Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saturday was laker day at Williams Fork. It was slow but we caught 6 to 13 each. I caught a couple on rattle baits. The rest came on the ubiquitous tube jigs.

Fresh lakers on the ice:

Best fish of the trip:

A couple of guys were screaming and prolly used the “F” words about 100 times as they fought a fish for close to 10 minutes. We thought they had a double digit fish. The first 3 minutes and 30 “F” words, we were thinking it may be a 10lb fish. We upped the estimate to 20lb when they got to 60 “F” words. We even thought it might be a 30lb fish after that. The only thing I could make out was: “this effing jig effing paid off.” They pull it out and it was a fish in the low 20” range, according to my friend who was closer to them. Just as big as the one you caught, according to my other friend. I was the farthest from them. Now, I’ve never caught a laker above the 24” mark, so I ain’t dissing them for the fish. However, the number of “F” words and the commotion followed by a “meh” fish by laker standard was hilarious. :lol:

Sunday was eye day:

The best fish of the day:

Monday was fun day for the kids. Early lunch at a “fine Mexican restaurant” (Taco Bell):

Fun times at Boondocks with the rest of the “pedestrian” folks:

That was their version of fishing.

Maybe my kids will surpass their old man and be transfigured into taco messiahs. As for me, I am beyond salvation. I didn’t have my first meal at a fast food place until I was old enough to get a job and take myself to McDonald’s. :':)D Taco Hell is waiting for me…

Tuesday is back to work, but I am going to try for eyes this afternoon/evening again.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Nice report, AO.

That's practically child abuse feeding your kiddos Taco Schmell :vomit: . Taco Bell can only be eaten between the hours of 1:30 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. .

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Great story AO!...Wonder if F bombs would of helped my two eyes (5 and 6 inches respectively) be bigger than the 2 seven inch perch I caught saturday...really sad...

kids look happy thats the important part!...

Not a big taco bell fan but it beats the hell out of laker for table fare...lol

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Nice. That's funny. I suppose its all relative though when it comes to fbombs compared to fish size. For example you seem to catch 10+ lb walleye on a regular basis. I haven't caught 10lbs of walleye in my life. So if I hooked into a 10lbr I would be effing left and right. Great post though way to go!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
am crunch wrap isn't too bad for a quick B-fast :) Looks like you hit it hard this weekend, Nice! Did you get the bigger eye early morning or into the evening? Evening has been better for me so far.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Nice report, Linh. Good thing you didn't meet us up at Granby Saturday. Fishing was slow, for us. 9 lakers between us three stooges.. A freaking zoo there,..tons of people, snowmobiles and 4 wheelers running everywhere. Either first time on ice for them there this year (like us),.or a lot pre-fishing for tourney for next weekend. Nasty pressure ridge from west of dike3, northward. Ice was a good 7 inches where we were. Great pics!

Oh yeah, and edit. For all the 4wheelers that try to launch at east end of dike3,...where alot of on-foot and snowmobile fisherman access the lake,..there is a reason it is illegal to put in there. You WILL get stuck there, and screw up all access for others!!

·
Registered
988 Posts
Nice. Chef AO ftw. Them laker fillets were delicious. Hopefully the metro area gets colder soon.

·
Registered
568 Posts
That's pretty hilarious but I've been that guy before getting excited about fish smaller that 20", just not all the "F" bombs. Eyes look nice, too bad Mook didn't get any eyes fishing with you guys. He better order some of those secret lures you guys were using or something. Kids look happy I'm sure they had a blast hanging out with their old man.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Nice report, AO.

That's practically child abuse feeding your kiddos Taco Schmell :vomit: . Taco Bell can only be eaten between the hours of 1:30 a.m. and 3:00 a.m. .
I'll give you "A" for effort and "F" for originality. I've seen that line of yours already. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice. That's funny. I suppose its all relative though when it comes to fbombs compared to fish size. For example you seem to catch 10+ lb walleye on a regular basis. I haven't caught 10lbs of walleye in my life. So if I hooked into a 10lbr I would be effing left and right. Great post though way to go!
For the record: I don't catch that many 10 pound walleyes. But I wish. :biggrin1: Again, I wasn't dissing the guy for getting excited over the fish. BUT people can get excited and not drop the "F" bomd in every sentence (sometimes multiple times in a sentence; BTW, I have nothing the "F" bomb). AND you don't have to be that loud... I think what confused us was the length of the fight. Close to 10 minutes for a 25" laker at best?

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
am crunch wrap isn't too bad for a quick B-fast :) Looks like you hit it hard this weekend, Nice! Did you get the bigger eye early morning or into the evening? Evening has been better for me so far.
Evening. I was thinking about trying a morning session but now that you say that… You are not trying to trick me now, are you? :lol:

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Great story AO!...Wonder if F bombs would of helped my two eyes (5 and 6 inches respectively) be bigger than the 2 seven inch perch I caught saturday...really sad...

kids look happy thats the important part!...

Not a big taco bell fan but it beats the hell out of laker for table fare...lol
I am not a fan of lakers but Williams Fork lakers aren't bad. Most of them have slightly pink meat. And fresh fish outdoors is always better than at home because you don't smell the fishiness as much.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts