Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Was on Granby again today and saw a couple sleds go out a lot farther than we dared, as soon as they cut a hole they headed back our way. I guess it wasn't thick enough to suit them.lol. There is a lot of slush on the ice. Makes for a lot of work if your not careful. Quite a few people walking out off Sunset. I hear decent ice. A group of guys were fishing out from Stillwater boat ramp and said it was 4". Good luck and be safe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was on Granby again today and saw a couple sleds go out a lot farther than we dared, as soon as they cut a hole they headed back our way. I guess it wasn't thick enough to suit them.lol. There is a lot of slush on the ice. Makes for a lot of work if your not careful. Quite a few people walking out off Sunset. I hear decent ice. A group of guys were fishing out from Stillwater boat ramp and said it was 4". Good luck and be safe.
Thanks for the info. My plan was to walk on at sunset, unless people are sitting out at dike 3.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
cold , Historically Horrendous deep snow, death ice, horrible traffic. Sounds like a fun day-

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cold , Historically Horrendous deep snow, death ice, horrible traffic. Sounds like a fun day-
Wasn't too bad except for the slush. Missed traffic both directions and temps stayed nice all day. Ice in Sunset was between 9-12" under all that slush. Got few eaters around 18-21" for some tacos, though looks like you will have tastier tacos than me with those perch!

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Nice you missed traffic! I have had some pretty good mac tacos. Basically use flaked mac with a cole slaw in a wrap. damn I'm hungry!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Traffic sucks and its always cold up here. like Slayer says, yall are better off jerkin perch in the suburbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts