Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went up to fish for macks this morning. I only fished a few hours as I have a ton of stuff to do. I landed one, lost one and missed a couple. There were a ton of people up there for the tournament...I didn’t take part. There was a group of like five to six guys next to me that didn’t get any and didn’t really seem to get bit, either....thanks for taking my picture! I’ve been super limited on ice fishing and stuff cuz I’ve been driving my grandpas mercury grand marquis which is rear wheel drive and really bad in the snow. But, I just got a new Forester so I’ll be able to go all out and do whatever I want. I plan on fishing for lakers as much as I can. I really want a big one through the ice. I used three inch gulp minnows on a 1/4 oz chart jig head. I think the bigger ones will like my 4 and 5 inch pearl swimn caffeine shads. I got into some laker action this spring with them just doing some jigging from the toon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My pb laker and pb iced laker...decent but definitely not toad status. Lots of room for improvement...

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
You keep fishing for them and you'll get some to brag about. They like tubes too.

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Haha Whomp- That iced laker is longer than all the perch from Thurs. put together!

But it don't eat as good!

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
You guys believe in stinger hooks for tube jigs? I’ve noticed certain guys use them...

The addiction begins!:biggrin1: Big Lakers through the ice.
I don't use stinger hooks for Lakers, its harder on catch and release fish.
Thanks for the report!:thumb:

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
The addiction begins!:biggrin1: Big Lakers through the ice.
I don't use stinger hooks for Lakers, its harder on catch and release fish.
Thanks for the report!:thumb:

I forgot how much I love ice fishing for lakers...it’s a blast when they’re biting. Definitely more fun than fishing tiny jigs for bows.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts