Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hit Granby today with downrigger for the first time this year. Great day to be on the lake, no wind and lots of sunshine! Going out was a piece of cake, but leaving was another story. We got caught in some deep slush and had to dig out once. Somehow I managed to lose my gps, sucks. If anyone finds one, please let me know. Here are a few pics from today.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Nice fish. If I can get your GPS coordinates where you were fishing I will look for your GPS on Friday, which I took as a day off for fishing at Granby. :)

·
P I K E
10,117 Posts
Very nice guys, was wondering how the snow and slush was...THX for sharing!!!

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nice fish. If I can get your GPS coordinates where you were fishing I will look for your GPS on Friday, which I took as a day off for fishing at Granby. :)
Beer reward for safe return!!

Pikester, slush and snow is doable if you keep moving. We got stuck when some trash flew out of one of our sleds and we and had to stop to get it

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Beer reward for safe return!!

Pikester, slush and snow is doable if you keep moving. We got stuck when some trash flew out of one of our sleds and we and had to stop to get it
Triple the incentives to go up there then: the fishing, the potential beer, and last, but not least, the GPS coords on your unit. :biggrin1:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Nice fish buddy! We will be up there on Sunday. If me and AO happen to find your GPS we will definitely return it to you.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Great fish! Sounds like I'll be up there this weekend as well and will keep an eye out for your gps. Was the slush a big problem? Are ATVs still able to get around?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for being on the lookout. If I don't get it back, I hope it goes to the bottom of the lake!:). Hope everyone tears it up this weekend

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nice fish sir!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Granby on Tuesday

Hit Granby today with downrigger for the first time this year. Great day to be on the lake, no wind and lots of sunshine! Going out was a piece of cake, but leaving was another story. We got caught in some deep slush and had to dig out once. Somehow I managed to lose my gps, sucks. If anyone finds one, please let me know. Here are a few pics from today.

Fish4brains and I were there too, Greg caught and released a nice 36" 15 1/2 lb , We caught our eaters too, Was a great day on the ice.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great fish! Sounds like I'll be up there this weekend as well and will keep an eye out for your gps. Was the slush a big problem? Are ATVs still able to get around?
Did you try ATV this weekend, or see any out? Thanks

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hooker, I did this weekend. IT wasn't too bad. I don't think I would have made it without chains though. Do your best to avoid the slush pockets and you should be ok. Ironically only the sled got stuck this weekend, but my wife drove it right into about 8"es of standing water on the ice.... A little scary for her.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the info, sucks she got stuck. With the winds Thursday and Friday I think I'll wait until Monday and take the ATV, thanks again

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anyone using UTVs or is that asking for trouble right now? Not just getting stuck but what about going through?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
936 Posts
"No ice is safe ice". I did see one UTV with tracks and the lake had a consistent 12+ wherever I drilled. I fished three different spots all over the lake.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts