Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! Just moved to Denver and looking for the lakes where you can offroad to, and camp there, with good fishing. Would really appreciate if you recommend something not to far from denver.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I dont imagine you're going to get a high amount of responses man. Lakes like that are highly coveted. You're gonna have to dig and research and maybe even drive up to some places. Read some more posts like this and you'll see. I'm pretty sure it's the definition of doing your work. Best of luck man

·
Registered
357 Posts
What is "not too far"? A good place for fishing, camping, and off roading is Stillwater Pass. You have camping and off roading at Stillwater and fishing at Granby

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Hi SM,

Any lake you can drive to in the mountains is gonna get hit pretty hard.

A 4x4 lake with good fishing and camping is the Holy Grail in Colorado and tbh, I don't think you'll find it.

I'd split the 2 hobbies and spend a day 4x4'ing and then a day fishing, either by hiking to a lake or settling for a larger lake you can drive to.

If you really insist on a 4x4 adventure with a lake at the end for a kum shot, try Bill Moore Lake trail. Don't get stuck or break anything and no promises on any fish being in that lake.

Welcome to Colorado, The millennial generation's ultimate Nirvana holyland, seems like every millennial that can, is effn moving here.

·
Banned
553 Posts
Not to put a spot on blast but there is a lake up on hall valley road that is a 2 mile hike in. I think its about the same height as jefferson sense its almost at treeline. Gonna need a 4wd. My jeep is 3" with 31s and i make it. Buddy with a ranger had 30s and no lift and it was a bit challenging for him but he made it in and out with no damage. I would really reccomend buying skid plates for almost everything below if you are a novice. Ive seen guys bust holes in oil pans and tcases slipping off rocks. I was up there about a month ago and there was still 3' of snow in the shady areas. Couldnt make it all the way up. I dont have a winch yet lol. Its a great place to venture to... chit ive seen it half iced up in mid july before.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Not to put a spot on blast but there is a lake up on hall valley road that is a 2 mile hike in. I think its about the same height as jefferson sense its almost at treeline. Gonna need a 4wd. My jeep is 3" with 31s and i make it. Buddy with a ranger had 30s and no lift and it was a bit challenging for him but he made it in and out with no damage. I would really reccomend buying skid plates for almost everything below if you are a novice. Ive seen guys bust holes in oil pans and tcases slipping off rocks. I was up there about a month ago and there was still 3' of snow in the shady areas. Couldnt make it all the way up. I dont have a winch yet lol. Its a great place to venture to... chit ive seen it half iced up in mid july before.
PMs, Grumps :wink:

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Hi guys! Just moved to Denver and looking for the lakes where you can offroad to, and camp there, with good fishing. Would really appreciate if you recommend something not to far from denver.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Georgetown lake is a great place to go. The south shore is awesome for 4 wheeling. You can also get a cheap hotel room nearby and drink at the bars. There's lots of sexy fat girls with big butts that live in Georgetown, not like the meth mouthed harlots that live in downieville. You'll have a ball and you'll catch all the pond run steelhead your heart desires. Just don't
fish the inlet in the fall because that's what trump voters do.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Just saying..... you did start your post with "Not to put a spot on blast ".

·
Registered
24,557 Posts

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Georgetown lake is a great place to go. The south shore is awesome for 4 wheeling. You can also get a cheap hotel room nearby and drink at the bars. There's lots of sexy fat girls with big butts that live in Georgetown, not like the meth mouthed harlots that live in downieville. You'll have a ball and you'll catch all the pond run steelhead your heart desires. Just don't
fish the inlet in the fall because that's what trump voters do.
A reply done in Oprey99-ish style. I like it!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts