Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
I am just an amateur though in pathological liardom...no way can I do the lie every 3 minutes and 45 second pace ole Trumpster fire kept up for a year while on campaign...reminded me of the comedian that used to compulsively make ish up in his comic routine Jon Lovitz...

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Anybody want to buy a sweet swimbait setup complete with a bunch of nice baits? :biggrin1:

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
Absolutely. That is a great rod. I am selling a Diawa Lexa for $80 if you need a reel for that rod. I have fished the Mojo rod and have recommended it to many people as it fishes much like my favorite swimbait rod. It won't be for the 5oz+ baits, but frankly, you shouldn't start with those baits.

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
Very cool. A guy I know is getting rid of his and looks like I can get it for 50-60 bucks

That's a bargain.. jump on it if you're ready to start fishing swimbaits. Perfect entry rod. Hit me up in spring and I'll show you a few things. I'm no expert, but I catch a few fish on them.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Hit me up in spring and I'll show you a few things. I'm no expert, but I catch a few fish on them.
$$$$$ right there Doom. Don't overlook that opportunity! Dude is a wealth of knowledge.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
not offended at all and I love the education I'm getting here. this isn't so much an I'm gonna go buy it thing as just learning more.

I feel like I've got trout pretty well figured out. I can trick the big ones at 11 mile and the little ones in the mountains and despite my efforts I keep catching them at chatfield when I'm looking for other stuff. I'm looking forward to spring for some more fly and bobber trout action up in WY.

bass we're sorta getting there, but honestly I'm not focused on bass at all. I luck into them and that's it.

Walleye - talk about frustrating. my first one was 24.5" at chatfield on a natural rainbow trout rapala, since then I've caught a handful of 10-12" walleye and can not seem to get into anything else. tried your kind suggestions the other night at chatty and saw/got nothing. was thinking about that again tonight or tomorrow. I feel like I'm having a heck of a time translating what I read into catching a fish when it comes to walleye.
You seem to be a dude who sees fools catching decent fish.., and is trying everything to emulate in hopes of getting the same success

Swimbaiting is just like fly fishing in the manner that You got your elitists, and you got your normal guys who just use it as another method of catching fish. Kinda like dudes going to fascinations and buying cock rings and French ticklers to aid in female orgasm. All those things are fine and dandy tools to make a chick cum easier but the best way to improve consistency of her nut... is to through trial and error and eating box until she turns your face nto a johnsons corner cinnamon roll.

My best advice with my limited skill is what's been said already. I found that Fishing in Colorado/Wyoming is all about timing moreso than throwing lures that are worth a good fraction of your mortgage. Spend time on the water. Travel around, spend the hundreds of dollars in gas finding good holes. Lose lures on crap. Fishing is suffering. And eventually suffering becomes rewarding. Everyone in this thread knows this and from that realization they became successful fishermen. You must as well.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts